“Great diversity” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Homer
Palmer, Alaska
“Great diversity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel so many times and have loved it every time! We personally love the rooms with a bathroom in between the beds (creates separation from the kids) and a deck facing the bay! I would sit at the table in the bay window and watch the boats head out for the morning while I sip coffee and listen to the waves! Perfect! The only downside I can think of would be that they don't allow dogs in rooms like that so my pet has to stay in the truck overnight. I would like a few "dog" rooms available to accommodate our entire family! Also, some of the older part of the hotel may be less than desirable for some folks. I guess you get what you pay for at this very old hotel at the end of the spit and the end of the road! ;)

Room Tip: Pets not allowed, but they have different accommodations to suit all sorts of groups, families, and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mike D, Manager at Land's End Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for choosing Land's End Resort. For the TA public, the room that you are describing is our Starboard Bay Suites. Many of them have a king bed on one side, and a queen or two double beds on the other with plenty of privacy with the pocket door separating. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the spectacular view from your room. I agree our Port Rooms are smaller, and not for everyone, but they are a great value for the economical traveler looking to maximize their budget for outdoor activities that are plentiful here. We do receive a significant amount of requests for dog-friendly rooms. We have considered designating a couple of rooms pet friendly, but that appears unlikely at this time. Thank you again and please let me know when you plan to return as I will have a free upgrade option for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Golden, Co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3-night stay in one of the shoreline condos at Land's End, and would return. We also enjoyed an excellent scallop dinner at their restaurant on site. The views from the condo over the bay were terrific!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Mike D, Manager at Land's End Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for choosing Land's End Resort and for your nice comments. Our luxury lodge homes (condos) are spectacular aren't they. They highlight the diversity of our resort with the wide array of room styles. Thank you also for your comments about our Chart Room restaurant, our Executive Chef has instilled the passion and dedication necessary to reach our goal of becoming the best seafood restaurant in Alaska. Please let me know if you plan to return, leceo@alaska.net.
Fort Wainwright
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

stayed in "downstairs" of one of the lodges. It is really the lodge basement and it is very noisy and dark. The location is nice at the end of the spit but the you can hear everything going on upstairs... so when a toddler is screaming at 5 am for an hour you get to enjoy that too...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Mike D, Manager at Land's End Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for choosing Land's End Resort. Though I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the majestic setting at the end of the Homer Spit, I am sorry that you did not have a peaceful sleep. We receive only infrequent noise complaints at our resort, so I would like to have the opportunity to make it up to you. If you have the opportunity to return, I will have a special offer for you and ensure that you enjoy your experience thoroughly-- leceo@alaska.net.
Anchorage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

NO TV, our radio and lamp were disconnected on our arrival, small things that do count. We have been coming to Land's End for years and love our stay and the room and the friendliness of the whole staff. Dinning was outstanding.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Mike D, Manager at Land's End Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for choosing Land's End Resort and for your repeat business. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and our staff. Our staff strives to achieve our slogan ":Where Smiles and the Ocean Greet You at the Door' every day. I thank you also for your nice comments about our Chart Room restaurant, our Executive Chef has instilled the expectation of excellence with each dish that leaves his kitchen. I do agree, the small things to count-- we now have an expanded tv package with over 100 channels and we did have a small window where rooms had reduced tv in converting. I see you return fairly often and I would like to make amends with a special free upgrade offer for your next visit. Please email me at leceo@alaska.net.
Anchorage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our 3 night stay in Homer at Land's End was perfect. Our room had a balcony that looked out onto the Bay. It was so much fun to watch the boats and come and go. People were walking the beach, flying kites, fishing from the shore and swimming!! We had 4 hot sunny days. It was delightful. We even saw sea otters out our window. Our room was perfect for us with a bay window that allowed a small table and padded seats. The bed was comfortable with new linens. I can't say enough about the plentiful supply of fresh towels in the bathroom. We had a handicap room with a large bathroom, small refrigerator and microwave. I love the location at the end of the Spit because you are close enough to walk to the shops and restaurants but it is quiet. Our son has a camper and parks in the trailer park next to the hotel. He gets to camp out, we get to enjoy his campfire while still having all of the convenience of home.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Mike D, Manager at Land's End Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for choosing Land's End Resort. I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy the spectacular setting at the end of the Homer Spit on the shores of Kachemak Bay. It truly is a majestic setting. Our team here strives to meet our slogan each and every day "Where Smiles and the Ocean Greet You at the Door!" Thank you again for visiting. Please email me at leceo@alaska.net prior to your next visit and I will have a free room upgrade offer for you based on space availability.
West Hartford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The view is spectacular, the accommodations were very good once we changed rooms and the restaurant food needs to be improved. All the staff was very good. The desk staff were very helpful in assisting us to change rooms and to find an excursion to Halibut Cove on the Danny-J which was wonderful..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Mike D, Manager at Land's End Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you for choosing Land's End Resort. Land's End Resort is located at the end of the Homer Spit in a truly majestic setting. I am very pleased to hear that our staff remains effective at ensuring our guests have the room that they want-- we work very hard to ensure that before their arrival but given both the wide array of room options that we have and the extensive use of on-line reservations it is not a perfect science. I would like to hear more about your dining experience, i.e. meal choices, lunch or dinner, etc. Our chef would welcome the information for his quest to achieve consistently outstanding performance with every dish. I can be reached at leceo@alaska.net, it would be appreciated greatly.
Everett, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Make sure to get a room on second floor with a balcony overlooking the ocean and mountains. The room and bed were so comfortable. All very modern and new. we were in "midship" We used our binoculars to watch for whales. Didn't see any but plenty of sea otters. Fun watching the fishermen and beach combing. We had dinner in the restaurant and that was also very good. I had New England clam chowder that was better than I've had in New England! Only spent two nights but wished for seven!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mike D, Manager at Land's End Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Thank you for choosing Land's End Resort, and for your nice comments. I have lived throughout Alaska for 95% of my life and there are many beautiful sites to see, but I still consider Homer and Kachemak Bay to be the jewel of Alaska. I often recant what I hear most from departing guests "I wish I had planned more time in Homer"-- Homer is an extremely favorable location to act as a hub for most of one's trip to Alaska with daytrips to Kenai/Soldotna, Seward or Katmai, Halibut Cove and Seldovia. Our Executive Chef expects excellence with every dish that leaves our kitchen and I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience. I wish you could have seen the Orca-- there have been numerous sightings right off our beach over the last two weeks.

Been to Land's End Resort? Share your experiences!