“Wonderful and quite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel Nord Haven

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Healy
Motel Nord Haven
You added Motel Nord Haven to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   Mile 249.5 Parks Highway, Healy, AK 99743   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Healy
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairbanks, AK
“Wonderful and quite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

We really enjoyed this hotel, the staff was friendly and the beds were comfortable, we even recieved a roll away bed and that was comfortable! For being right off of the Parks highway also very quite.

The continental breakfast was extensive with fresh fruit, oatmeal, and boiled eggs.

All of the art on the walls were for sale, which made me feel like I got to shop, I loved that. Beautuiful and wonderful landscaping.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

We spent two nights here when visiting Denali National Park. It was very clean and comfortable with a nice community breakfast area. I would stay here again and prefer the location away from Glitter Gulch at the park entrance.

Loveland, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Nord Haven June 21 and 22, 2009 while on a vacation drive through Alaska. The staff was friendly and the rooms were quiet, clean, and comfortable.
The continental breakfast was satisfactory and the box lunches prepared for Denali were very good.
A computer was provided for guests to check email etc.
Rosies cafe was within walking distance next door and they provided a good full breakfast if desired.
I was pleased that we stayed at the Nord Haven as opposed to the tourist mecca in the cruise lodges a little closer to Denali.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

This was the worst hotel on our trip. We paid $154.21 plus tax which they charged to my credit card before they even handed me a key even though we were staying two nights. The towels were disgusting!!!! They had pink towels that had been used so many times that they were turning brown and they were very thin from usage. I have rags that are better than that to wash my car. The reason hotels usually use white towels is so they can bleach them clean. If they didn't have such a strict cancellation policy, we would have left after one night. I have to say that the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to pack us a breakfast for free since we were leaving early in the morning. If you bring your own towels then it would be an ok place, though I still think the price is too high for what you are getting. I guess it is all about location.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
HealyAlaska, Manager at Motel Nord Haven, responded to this review, July 2, 2009
Unlike many other hotels, we do not have any other charges. Since we do not charge for wireless or local calls or TV service, we collect upon check -in. That way guests do not have to come back to check out, they can just leave their key in the room. Anytime a guest asks to pay on check out, we allow that. Also, our cancellation policy is cancellations received within 72 hours of arrival are charged one night stay. Anytime a guest wishes to leave early, they are not charged more than the first night. Any problems with cleanliness, towel quality, service- any problem- should be brought to the front desk. We are very proud of our little hotel and its cleanliness. This guest did not bring the concerns to us. I wish he or she had. We could have made his or her stay much better.
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

After walking around the cavernous and chaotic lobby of the Princess Lodge, I was SO happy we chose to stay at the Nordhaven! Our room was very clean, staff was nice, breakfast was fine. Quiet atmosphere - we saw moose both mornings we were there. Packed lunch for the bus trip was good. I would stay again. This is not a fancy place with all matching furniture and high end amenities. But I assume if you are in central Alaska, that's not what you're going for. Unlike other reviewers, I was not crazy about Rosie's Diner, but that is a restaurant not associated with this motel.

aurora, co
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

Motel Nord Haven is all the things others say, and had we not being taken advantage of, we'd be happy to give it good marks. But we found while staying there the owner required us to get two rooms for our family of 5, when others had been able to put a rollaway in the accessible room. None of the employees would allow us to move a cot into the big room since the owner (Patsy) had made the reservations. I've written and faxed her trying to get a response about my stay and nothing. We had been offered a lower price at Princess Lodge at Denali, but chose to support locally owned business, not here again.

Note; Take groceries from Anchorage or Fairbanks; milk $7 1/2 gallon etc. We spent $45 dollars to make lunches for 2 days.

Roses Cafe next door is great food and fun as well! Rose and staff are a wealth of knoweldge on the area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2009

Clean, good price, wireless internet. A good budget place to stay at and it is close to Denali NP, instead of staying in one of the overpriced places right at the park. And most importantly, it is next door to the only place worthy of eating anywhere near the park (Rose's Cafe)

Stayed June 2008

Been to Motel Nord Haven? Share your experiences!