“Best bike place in Haines,Alaska” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mikes Bikes and Boards

Mikes Bikes and Boards
Mile 0, Haines, AK
Improve this listing
“Best bike place in Haines,Alaska”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have bought 3 bike from mikes bikes and boards. They are awesome!! If i need anything they are always willing to fix the bike(my son tends to leave his bike behind cars) Very good customer service. Would recommend to go there for any thing bikes.

Visited April 2014

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
94 attraction reviews
“Nothing beats peddling around Haines!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had no clue what we wanted to do in Haines, but the info center when we got off our cruise ship told us we could rent bikes at Mike's. We went to check it out and were delighted to find rentals were super reasonable. Like $15 for 6 hours or some crazy thing. It was a price we couldn't beat. They got us all set up with bikes and helmets and then told us some places we might want to check out. We opted to head the 10 miles to Chilkoot Lake, because the people at Mike's said there'd been a lot of bear sightings there recently. They also said that was one of their favorite rides. But really I think anywhere you went would be gorgeous there. We also happened to luck out with a crazy sunny warm day. (It was in the 80s!)

My seat wasn't very comfortable, but that's not necessarily the bike's fault. I always seem to have problems with bike seats. My husband's seat was perfectly comfortable for him. The bike overall was great. We started out riding through town then set out to the lake...and we DID see bears! A momma grizzly and her cub. Which was super awesome until I realized they spotted us too, we were in the wild and not a zoo, there were no bars separating us from them and my husband could peddle faster than me. But there was no cause for alarm. The baby bear was curious about us and stood on its hind legs and put his paw on his mom's rump as if to say, "Look mom! People!" Momma bear looked over her shoulder but was not interested in us at all.

The scenery was absolutely spectacular, the people at Mike's just could not be any friendlier or helpful, and we ended up meeting and talking with a lot of locals on our jaunt down to the lake and back, And to be able to take in all that gorgeous scenery at our leisure? This bike ride made Haines my favorite port stop on our Alaskan cruise!

Visited July 2013

Been to Mikes Bikes and Boards? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mikes Bikes and Boards, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.