“Good cause, fabulous birds” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 10 Attractions in Haines
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
70 attraction reviews
“Good cause, fabulous birds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stopped here actually because we saw people making a totem pole out front...(which was neat!) Then we noticed that this was the American Bald Eagle Foundation Museum and decided to take a look inside.

When we got there, it was very close to closing time, so we did not actually go through the museum, but the staff was very friendly and had one of the birds out for what I will call "injured bird physio"....so she let us see it, very up close and personal. She also showed us where the other live bids live and told us some of the story behind the Foundation. Sounds like an amazing cause and the birds were fantastic to see!

Definitely go here.

Atlanta, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
“Some of the best animal exhibits I have ever seen!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Excellent animal exhibits. My wife want to see the feeding of the eagle and I went along not expecting much. Well, as usual, she was right and I was wrong. Very enjoyable and definitely worth seeing.

Visited August 2012
San Diego, California
“See ALL the great Animals of Alaska!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Take a one block walk from the ship to a great place to see all the wildlife of Alaska! I had just finished a Denali Park Tundra Tour where I saw many animals but from far away, so I was really happy to find this museum that offers full up close and personal views of the actual wildlife. They have living owls, hawks, and eagles that you can interact with. But the best is all the animals they have preserved in their natural habitat so that you can see what they really look like. This place is truly a labor of love from the local townspeople not a commercialized tourist trap. I felt really good about supporting such a great organization. We all had a great time here and plan to go back next time we are in Haines!

Tel Aviv, Israel
114 attraction reviews
“Small but interesting and important institute”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The exhibition is interesting and the explanations of the founder even more. Try to come in the feeding hour (2PM) and get the coupon to participate (no extra fee, but limited space).
Buy the combined ticket for all 3 Haines museums.

(If you’ve found this review helpful, you can let me and others know it by clicking the green Yes below)

Ft Riley, KS
“Wonderful Place to Visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The American Bald Eagle foundation was a welth of knowledge and had a vast amount of speciemens to view. When you first walk in you get to view live bald eagles in a natural like enviornement, after that you walk into a huge open room with a wonderful artist redition of the Chilkat Valley, here I saw multiple birds. The people there were also a wealth of knowledge and loved talking about their bird friends. I loved meeting the owls! After all this there was still another room that was astounding to enter. They called it the diorama room. It was like stepping through the valley yourself from land creatures to sea creatures. I met Dave Olerud, the founder, and if you can talk to him it makes it all way more then worth it. I will not hesitate to say that I will be returning there and if you are in Haines this is a MUST SEE!

Visited August 2011