“Really worth the dough” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Glacier Bay Flightseeing for 22 years from Haines & Skagway Alaska. We Love what we do. Meticulous maintenance! Most completely rebuilt DH Beaver aircraft available in Alaska. Plenty of room, will seat up to 7 passengers all with large windows. Safe, smooth & exciting. Authentic, experienced & engaging. Up close & personal!
Haines Alaska
3 attraction reviews
“Really worth the dough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This way of seeing Glacier park and the Chilkat Valley is the best. Any time of year, it is magical. I live here and never took this excursion until last spring, and from now on any visitors I have will be doing this first. The pilot was very knowledgeable about how all the glaciers were formed and the names and facts about the mountains. We even stopped on top of a glacier. The scenery, of course, was fantastic.

Visited March 2013

“A Once in a Lifetime Experience...5 Stars Plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My son and I had an opportunity to fly with Paul to take supplies to some mountain climbers on Mount Fairweather. We flew up the East Arm and returned on via the West Arm. It was a perfect day - sunny, clear...flying conditions were perfect. Of course landing on the glacier at Mount Fairweather was the highlight.

Paul is an excellent and experienced pilot. Do not miss the opportunity to fly with him if you are in Haines.

Drs. TJ and GA Raczniak

Visited June 2013
Harwich, Massachusetts
“A fabulous flight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

While on cruise to Alaska, my usband and I decided to take a glacial flight with Paul on Mountain Flying Service. It was a perfect day - sunny, clear with little wind. We were immediately impressed with Paul's meticulously maintained airplane, his professionalism and conscientious demeanor. It was very obvious that he loved his work.
As tour guide, Paul was extremely knowledgeable and informative about the history of the area, the formation of the glaciers and the melting that is now taking place. We felt comfortable enough to bombard him with probably too many questions - all of which he answered to our satisfaction. An aerial perspective is the perfect way to see the awesome and breathtaking beauty of the glaciers.
My husband and I rate this excursion with Paul as a "must do" on anyone's Alaskan trip.

Visited September 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Beautiful scenary and fabulous flight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We flew with Paul on June 7, 2013. It was myself, my husband and our 8 year old son. We had a fabulous time and saw some of the most beautiful scenary I have ever seen. Paul and his wife Amy were very accommodating. We had to switch flight times the day of the scheduled flight (our fault, not theirs) and they were happy to rearrange the schedule. Compared with similar flight seeing trips offered through the cruise line, we got a bit more flying time and a less expensive price with Mountain Flying Service. Plus, we were not grouped with strangers. I loved his plane. It was high tech, comfortable and the windows were bigger than similar planes which allowed for better viewing. We landed on the glacier as well, which was fun. He is an excellent pilot and I would highly recommend!!!

Visited June 2013
Michigan
11 attraction reviews
“Out of this World Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We pre-booked our flight with Paul in the beginning of January. We did it ourselves and it was easy! Paul was traveling at the time but as soon as he arrived back home he sent out our paperwork and all the info we needed to meet him at the Skagway Airport. Finally, May 16th arrived! We met Paul at the airport at 11:30am (the airport is right in downtown Skagway, an easy 3 block walk from the Red Onion Saloon area) and instantly felt right at home with him. As we took to the skies in his beautiful red plane, we easily climbed to about 5000 feet. If you are taking the time and money to come to Alaska- you must get off the ground and see it from the top! The views are not easily translated into words but if I had to I would use: breathtaking, other worldly, spiritual, and freaking awesome! As if you could top that, we did - by landing on a glacier. The landing was fun, like snow skipping in a sled! The world up there is vast, with miles of nothing but snow piled mountains. It's as if you are the only people in the world and while there was a breeze it was not even noticed over the stillness. No animals, no foot prints other than Paul's planes tracks, undisturbed pure snow.. it seemed as if time had stopped and it was just us and this frozen landscape in every direction. I think I could have stayed there for days and just soaked it all in. We spent quite a bit of time taking photographs and just enjoying the pure pleasure of the moment we were in. Paul never rushed us or looked at his watch and it was our group which started moving to the plane for departure before Paul did. The take off was as gentle as an eagle soaring off its tree branch and we flew back towards Skagway. I am back home now, with absolutely no regrets about this flight or the money we spent for it. It's a life changing memory that I know I will have with me forever!

Visited May 2013