- Excellent location (located at the bottom of the Tram and Chair 7)
- Great views
- Nicely decorated hotel (look up in the lobby and say "Hi" to the bear in the window at the top of the stairs)
- Cool, outside fireplaces
- Good bed, good linens, nice room furnishings
- Super flush toilets
- Good size room
- Wifi included in resort fee - worked well even over New Years with all the kids!
- Lots to do in the immediate area
- Groomed cross country ski trails
- Family friendly
- Knowledgable and polite staff
The other stuff... our room was too hot so we had a hard time sleeping with the grooming machines at work outside (we had the window open). The shower was only okay. We wouldn't recommend the lounge. The service was poor, the wine by the glass... not so good, the food was slow (lots of errors including the tables beside us). It was raining at the resort... the parking lot was scary slippery and so were the sidewalks leading up to the resort... bring ice grippers. Better yet, hopefully the Hotel will at least scrape the ice off the sidewalks on the property. They do put down gravel, but it wasn't enough for the conditions. The hotel parking lot needs a clean - cigarettes, candy bar wrappers, etc.. were all over the icy lot.
Great hotel. We will return when the resort opens Chair 6!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Overview: Nestled in the Chugach Mountain Range in the resort community of Girdwood, Alyeska Resort featuring The Hotel Alyeska is only 40 miles from downtown Anchorage. The Hotel is also near many attractions - two miles from Crow Creek Gold Mine, and 15 miles from Portage Glacier and the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. The floor-to-ceiling windows in the fireside lobby and grand staircase offer unobstructed views of the north face of Mount Alyeska. Open beams and cathedral ceilings accent the indoor lap pool, 16-person spa tub, and fitness center. Airport transportation (surcharge), ski storage, and a local shuttle are available. Wireless Internet access is available in the lobby, DSL hookups in the rooms (included in resort fee). The Spa at Alyeska offers a wide array of massage, facial and body services. The eight-story property has 304 guestrooms. All rooms offer cable TV with pay movies, and are equipped with coffeemakers, refrigerators, hairdryers, and irons with boards. In-room complimentary DSL is available. All rooms are nonsmoking. You must be 21 years of age or older to make a reservation and check in. Guests under 21 must be accompanied by someone 21 years of age or older to stay in the hotel. Any guest under the age of 18 must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. Please note: The 2011/12 Ski Season is November 23, 2011 to April 29, 2012 (conditions permitting). Deluxe King Room with one king bed includes bathrobes and slippers, bottled water, heated towel rack, mini refrigerator and coffee maker, in-room safe, iron and ironing board. Located on Floors 4-7. Deluxe: 2 Double Room with two double beds includes bathrobes and slippers, bottled water, heated towel rack, mini refrigerator and coffee maker, in-room safe, iron and ironing board. Located on Floors 4-7. Standard: Room with two double beds includes bathrobes and slippers, bottled water, heated towel rack, mini refrigerator and coffee maker, in-room safe, iron and ironing board. Located on Floors 2-3. Area served: Anchorage (and vicinity). Nearby airports: Ted Stevens International Airport, Anchorage AK (ANC). Area description: 35 miles southeast of Anchorage, at Alyeska Resort in the town of Girdwood, AK. Amenities• Concierge• Conference Facilities• Fitness center• Free parking• Handicapped Rooms/Facilities• Health Club• High-speed Internet• Internet Access• Meeting/Banquet Facilities• Pool & Hot Tub• Restaurants• Room Service• Spa services• Wireless Internet. Dining: Aurora Bar & Grill. Whether you're in the mood for a casual atmosphere or watching your favorite sports event, the Aurora Bar & Grill is family-friendly with comfort food. The diverse menu offers Alaskan specialties and satisfying homemade-style dishes. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bar open late on weekends. Seven Glaciers: Feast upon fabulous views and gourmet cuisine at the AAA Four-Diamond Seven Glaciers restaurant. Menu features regional favorites focused on fresh seafood, Snake River Farms meats prepared by Executive Chef Jason Porter. Recipient of Wine Spectator’s Best of Award of Excellence. Sakura: Newly remodeled, Sakura Restaurant offers modern and intimate setting with Asian-inspired seafood and meats, hand-rolled sushi and a full sake and cocktail list. Open for dinner. The Pond Café: Located on the second floor of the hotel, the Pond Cafe is the place to enjoy breakfast offering full and continental buffet options and an a la carte menu featuring local favorites such as reindeer sausage links as well as a variety of healthy choices. Tramway Café: Featuring Starbucks™ coffee and espresso drinks, the Tramway Café features quick eats and grab n’ go style items. Open daily for breakfast and lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Alyeska reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alyeska Hotel Girdwood
- Alyeska Resort Girdwood
- Alyeska Prince Hotel
- Girdwood Alyeska Prince Hotel Resort