We stayed in Delux beachfront Bungalow. The view from our room was simply gorgeous and this is why I gave it 4 stars. But the resort itself needs a renovation for the very expensive price paid. Our Bungalow was large and adequate but for the price tag I expect a lot better (I stayed at the pacific aitutaki also which cost me a similiar price and it was 10/10 amazing, I made a review also for the resort)
The bathroom in our Bunagalow reminded me of a tempory one in a building which is not going to be permanent (if you know what I mean) It's true the furnishing are out dated. This did not bother me though with the breath taking view out the front sliding doors. The beach bar has a great location and I did enjoy dining there. The main restaurant itself unfortunately isn't on the main beach frontage of the lagoon. I did how ever have a very good mud crab meal there. I believe for the price tag they could offer a better breakfast like at the pacific resort Aitutaki. The breakfast was ok but when you have spent $$$$ at the resort I think it could be a great deal better.
The staff - Most of them are lovelly. In particular we received fantastic service from Rima. She straight away was brilliant with our 4month old. The airline lost our pram and additional baby supplys and she could not do enough to help us and I am very thankful for this. We did have to carry our little baby out to dinner in a laundry basket for 1 night as Aitutaki has limited shopping for items such as this. So be careful (I would carry something in my hand luggage until I got to Rarotonga with our without a baby there is no swimwear or anying at the resort when we were there and not much in town) Thank goodness we could get nappies and wipes. To anyone there that saw us we don't usually carry our baby in a laundry basket LOL. We did get our pram back the next day thank goodness with the help of staff getting it to us promptly. This was good service.
All in all we encountered good service most of the time and great views of the Lagoon but I feel the resort is in need of a renovation for the price tag. It kind of seems like it's to get as much money out of you for little in return (In particular their sister resort in Rarotonga was much worse at providing no value for money when we stayed there after our time in Aitutaki). I was torn between both the Pacific Aitutaki and this resort as I wanted the spectactular view. The other resort has the best of both worlds!!!
- Also Known As:
- Aitutaki Lagoon Hotel Aitutaki
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort And Spa
- Aitutaki Lagoon Hotel
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort Spa
- Lagoon Resort Aitutaki
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only private island resort in the Cook Islands.It is the only Cook Islands resort to offer that invention of incurable romantics ~ the Overwater Bungalow.And it is the only resort on Aitutaki with a truly Polynesian flavour, so you can truly savour what the South Pacific is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.