The Aitutaki lagoon has to be one of the most ridiculously beautiful places in the world and this hotel sits in a great location to experience it. It's about a five minute drive from the small airport. The hotel pics you up and greets you with flowers. You take a mini ferry ride that takes about 30 seconds but it keeps anyone not staying at the hotel away which is kind of nice.....not that there are a lot of people anyways! We stayed in one of the beach bungalows which were nice little places. Nothing overly fancy but comfortable enough. Each one came with a big deck and it's own lounge chairs which was especially nice so you aren't worried you won't have a place to lounge. The sunsets here were probably the most amazing I've ever seen. I've been all around to the carribean, thailand and bahamas and the Aitutaki ones are amazing.
The food here was good but as with most places in the Cooks I don't think you are going for the food. Food and drinks are difficult here since everything has to be shipped in. Sometimes the boat doesn't deliever for weeks. Not there there were any shortages or anything but it's just expensive. They do a show at dinner about once a week which was really fun to watch. Also this resort in particular is very much catered to couples and honeymooners. There were a few families but you can see that most people there are just couples.
The resort is very quiet and there isn't a lot to do at night but that is the case with pretty much anywhere in the Cooks. You aren't coming here for nightlife! We would kayak around in the day and the water here in the lagoon is so warm once you got in you just never wanted to get out. Just the perfect temperature. We were a little disappointed as the snorkeling in the lagoon isn't much but the beauty of this lagoon more than made up for it. The color of the lagoon is almost unreal. You will look back at your pictures of Aitutaki and be amazed at how unreal it looks. It is gorgeous.
- Also Known As:
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort And Spa
- Aitutaki Lagoon Hotel Aitutaki
- Aitutaki Lagoon Hotel
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort Spa
- Lagoon Resort Aitutaki
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only private island resort in the Cook Islands.It is the only Cook Islands resort to offer that invention of incurable romantics ~ the Overwater Bungalow.And it is the only resort on Aitutaki with a truly Polynesian flavour, so you can truly savour what the South Pacific is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Agoda, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.