“Beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Aitutaki
san clemente, ca
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The setting is surreal and the accomodations luxurious. We had an amazing 5 day stay there in November and cherished every moment. The resort meets all your possible needs, loved the complimentary bikes,kayaks and snorkeling. Staff was very friendly. We stayed in a villa which was a nice choice but all units were beachfront and lovely. The pool was awesome, the drinks a little weak but delicious. Hard to believe they could create such a beautiful resort in this remote location. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

658 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for three nights at this wonderful resort during our tour of The Cook Islands and without doubt this was top in every single way! The General Manager, Julian takes an active interest in his guests from our initial meet and greet to our farewell. The staff are charming, professional and friendly and all want you to have a good experience. We went deep sea fishing and the chef prepared our catch for dinner on the beach outside our villa that evening. The staff did everything to ensure we had a wonderfully romantic meal. Our villa had a stunning view, was very private, spotlessly clean and comfortable.

I unfortunately mislaid my iPhone and did not realise until I had reached Rarotonga. I rang The hotel and the next day (thinking I would never see it again) I got a phone call from Julian saying that a member of staff had found the phone which had slipped down the side of the sofa! He then put it on a flight to Rarotonga the following day and had it delivered to the Pacific Resort there. What a relief as it also had all the holiday snaps of our "big catch" and I had not had a chance to back it up!

Would return in a heartbeat to this piece of paradise.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

we stayed 5 nights in the Pacific Resort at Aitutaki in Dec 2012.

We always consult trip advisor before choosing our major holidays, for destination, accommodation and activity choices.

The reviews of Pacific Resort set a high expectation and it never failed to meet, in truth exceed those expectations.

This place is really really special. It runs like clockwork, the management and indeed owners seem very hands on and the staff are warm and highly proficient.

The views are spectacular. On a week of high winds our western side location made for a great holidays whilst the eastern side was subject to high winds. The coral and snorkelling 30 metres from our balcony (35 metres from the foot of the bed) was terrific.

In this day of comparison shopping sites, we look at the room $rate, the check boxes denoting what facilities are on site, which meals or activities are included and we make our choice accordingly. One thing that really struck home for me is that when considering value or how good the resort is you really need to consider what you don't get.

At this resort;

- you don't have to go down to the beach lounges at 6am to reserve a chair.
- You don't share the pool with 30 other people (most days the horizon pool never had more than 6 people around it and 2 in it - there's only 28 odd rooms onsite I think).
- You don't have to reuse the same towel all day.
- If you are the last person at the dinner service you still get a cracking table.

In the rooms the finishing touches are all there and the interaction with the staff is friendly, professional and never intrusive. A tough balance to strike sometimes.

I enjoyed island night greatly and the food was excellent throughout. We didn't intend to, but we did end up eating every meal at the resort, (it was just that good and so convenient), and we still didn't sample everything on the menu.

On a charter trip I caught a yellowfin tuna, I'd heard from previous reviewers that the resort would be agreeable to having the restaurant prepare this. I admit I approached this with some trepidation though, its no small thing to ask a pro kitchen of this standard to interrupt service with one off preparations, but the chef did do this.

We had world class sushi and and a grilled tuna dish that changed my opinion of a fish that I used to think was only likeable at best. Champion effort guys, it really made us feel great to be looked after in such an exceptional way, like I say value is not always measured in the obvious manner.

my traveller tip is is to not underestimate the amount of time you'll want to spend here. 3 days would not have been enough for me. we spent 5 and I could have comfortably done 7 without repeating the same day twice. There's snorkelling, free kayaks, lagoon swimming, horizon pool swimming, lounging around the pool, beach walks, village and cultural history tours, you have to ride a motor scooter sometime, the $2.50 cook islands drivers license is one of my favourite souvenirs, do a lagoon tour and have a least one truly lazy and decadent sleep in.

my other travelling tip is do whatever you have to do to get there. if you need to do 2 four hour flights back to back to land without stopovers do it. Whilst it makes sense to stop over at Raratonga from a travelling itinerary perspective, its better to spend one more day at the main event than two days getting there. If you do a 2 day RAR/ 3 day AIT/- 2 day RAR itinerary I am sure at some point whilst sitting on the beach at Aitutaki, you may wish you could trade the extra two days at Raratonga for one more day in Aitutaki. Money wise it would be cost neutral. I really strongly urge you to consider this beforehand.

Lastly I reiterate a traveller tip from a previous contributor because it was SO RIGHT. Every room at Pacific Resort is absolute beach front and I'd argue the beach and coral in front of the basic bungalow is slightly better. If you need space or you can pick up an upgrade cheaply take a villa, they are great and go for it, but don't feel if you take the beach bungalow you've compromised anything. There's no bad room in the resort and you dont have to go to the most expensive room to get a good one. There's no Beach View / "Garden View" going on here.

Room Tip: Beach Bungalow 101 has only one neighbour being on the end of the row if you are taking a beach bung...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

We were thrilled from the moment we landed in Aitutaki airport. Friendly welcome at the airport followed by an impressive view of the lagoon when we arrived at the resort. The resort is really excellent and we found no fault with the service, rooms or food. We were very well looked after in all aspects of our holiday there and they made us feel really special. We stayed in the "ultimate beach front villa" which was just beautiful, with a quiet stretch of beach right outside the room. It was rather expensive at $1190 per night, but well worth it for a special holiday. Aitutaki island is incredibly beautiful - make sure you go on the lagoon cruise! This place is truly paradise and I highly recommend it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just the view from the restaurant takes your breath away and wait till you see your room! Staying at Pacific Resort Aitutaki was an unforgettable experience. The food, the smiling staff, the sparkling sea and watching the stars at night from your hammock at the beach - everything you can do at this place in the middle of the ocean makes you happy. It's one of the few hotels in the world that even looks better in real life than on the photos. I highly recommend going there. Especially if you are on honeymoon.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views. I loved room 103.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

There is not much to say besides this hotel is a perfect one! As part of the "Small Leading Hotels of the World" Group, this hotel exceeded our expectations. Friendly, well trained and reliable staff, great quality of food, friendly and attentive hotel manager, clean villa, perfect beach. As we travel a lot for leisure and business, we are a "picky" couple when it comes to traveling... However, there was no single topic that could have been better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We spent a week at the resort for our honeymoon, and could not fault a thing. Everything was just perfect. The accommodation was luxurious. The food was amazing. The staff very professional, friendly and helpful.

The atmosphere was quiet and restful, and I really liked the way the villa's were tucked into the surrounding gardens. Quite unobtrusive to the environment, and you felt like you had a little private beach of your own.

The facilities were excellent. Everything was clean, swept of leaves etc every day, and flowers and towels put on the sun beds each morning. The canoes and snorkels were in very good condition and we loved the string band that played of an evening.

We hired a babysitter for our 9 month old daughter. She was perfect. Very wise after having 9 children of her own, and very relaxed in a kind hearted island kind of way. My daughter loved her.

I hope we get to go back to our island paradise again some time soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pacific Resort Aitutaki? Share your experiences!