After 40 years travel in the Pacific, the last 10 or 12 in five star resorts we feel somewhat qualified to judge most venues. Thus after spending 15 fantastic days at PRA here is what we think. PRA is a hidden gem of the Pacific certainly the equal of anything we have experienced. To those who have loved Vatulele, Royal Davui or Yasawa Island resort in Fiji, you simply must try PRA. This is a spectacular small resort, the staff are brilliant and the cuisine of the highest quality (eat your heart out on Mahi Mahi and the Lobster stir fry all the rest were only 9/10). The venue does not need a fitness centre for there are spectacular walks (bike rides) on both the bitumen and internal forest jungle tracks - however the spa/massage centre was also excellent. We first went in 2002 when the venue was a bit 'new' - it has now matured into an absolute quality resort. Manger Julian made sure we were pampered, his assistant Jason provided a wealth of local information and ideas, every staff member was proficient and above all (1) always made you feel special and (2) always had a smile on their face. Although we are from Melbourne the direct fight from Sydney fits in well with the quick dream flight north to Aitutaki. If you are looking for 5 star everything - get there? I am not sure if there are any better views while eating breakfast
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Resort Aitutaki Hotel Aitutaki
- Pacific Resort Aitutaki Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate collection of 27 secluded hideaways with absolute beach frontage while set amongst lush,palm filled gardens for privacy. With a luxury rating reaffirmed through its association with Small Luxury Hotels of the World this winner of numerous International Awards offers the complete luxury escape while respecting the principals of Social Responsability. Pacific Resort Aitutaki champions Eath Hour and also offers the Cook Islands first Aquatic Eco Trail just off their beach. Pamper yourself in the Tiare Spa with Manicure, facial or island Rapae Massage, Dine on sophisticated cuisine in Rapae Bay Restaurant as the sun sets, or between July and October breakfast while whales Breech in the waters offshore. The Black Rock Cafe is nestled between the beach and the infinity pool and provides a selection of cocktails and al fresco dining experiences to perfectly round off your day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Pacific Resort Aitutaki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.