“Smooth ride and great day tour!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 19 Activities in Aitutaki
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The ‘must do’ day lagoon cruise aboard the 21 meter Polynesian style Vaka Titi ai Tonga.Every morning at 10am Mondays to Saturdays, the sound of the conch shell signals the departure of the Vaka for six hours of lagoon magic.There’s snorkelling, swimming and sunbathing to do before tucking into to an island barbecued lunch of fresh caught ocean fish served on board and accompanied by a full bar service.Visit several motu (small islets) and beach comb at One Foot Island before returning past the old TEAL flying boat base. Impromptu entertainment by the crew will have you tying pareu, weaving coconut leaf plates or humming island tunes.They are always happy to provide snorkelling lessons for first timers.
Melbourne, Australia
“Smooth ride and great day tour!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife gets sea-sick quite easily so we picked the Te Vaka cruise as it was recommended to be the smoothest laggon cruise on Aitutaki. We were not disappointed at all!!
We got picked up at our accomodation and hopped on the big Polynesian style vessel. There were mainly day-tour tourists from Raro on the boat and we started our journey.
We stopped at three different islands, stopped at a snorkelling spot with shallow water so everyone could enjoy the company of George, a giant trevally who joined us with some of his family members, and had an awesome barbeque on deck. Grilled fish and a big variety of fresh salads and veggies.

We can highly recommend it to everyone and especially to people who don't want a choppy ride.

Visited October 2013

7 attraction reviews
“Words cant describe, absolutely breathtaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

From the moment I laid eyes on beautiful Autitaki from up above, I knew straight away I was in heaven! I can't really fault anything about this day cruise apart from there not being enough hours in the day. Right from the beginning of the tour, through the end it was perfect in every way. Ali our tour guide was awesome!!! Waters were crystal clear, snorkeling was great, lunch was even better. If you get a chance I HIGHLY recommend you to do it. Its like heaven on earth!!!!

Wellington, New Zealand
21 attraction reviews
“Wonderful time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

On the day I was too sick to go with my partner, and I'm glad she went anyway, and after the day with Vaka she was very glad too.

I had ruled out Teking (some of the reviews about his humour/attitude/procedures had me thinking I might not like the guy) and we were thinking of going with Bishops (turned out they were on a private charter this day). After talking our accommodation provider about what would work best for us, they recommended The Vaka Cruise as being the most comfortable option.

Of course all these lagoon tours have a pretty similar route and routine so the differences aren't that much. Being that both of us aren't great with too much sun and heat (I know what you are thinking, "what are you doing in Aitutaki then?!") a comfy boat with large shaded area, that serves lunch on the boat rather than on land, it was indeed the right choice.

I wish on the day I had felt better and could have been there too. Considering we had booked for 2 and it was a late decision for me not to come, I expected I'd have to pay anyway, but we were only charged for 1. So I'm happy even though I didn't go.

Visited October 2013
Avon, Ohio
473 attraction reviews
“A Wonderful Time Surrounded by Absolute Beauty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you take the Air Rarotonga day tour to Aitutaki, you will be taken to the The Vaka for the lagoon cruise after a tour of the island which could be dropped. Arriving at the tour boat, docked on the lagoon beach, everyone’s jaw dropped and gasps could be heard; the beauty and intensity of the colors; white sand, turquoise lagoon, deep blue ocean and sky, and bright yellow-green palm covered islands; was stunning! Most of the passengers were from the day tour but we did pick-up some additional passengers from other resorts. Our first stop was at Akaiami Island which has a couple of resorts and the remains of the old TEAL seaplane dock close to where the tour boat docked letting us off to explore and swim along the white sand beach. Then it was off to Moturakau, a deserted island where, among other shows, Shipwrecked and Survivor: Cooks Islands was filmed, with another opportunity to explore and swim. Next we cruised to the far end of the lagoon to snorkel amongst some coral. While cruising to the snorkel spot, the crew entertained us with some tales of history and culture of Aitutaki, demonstrated the traditional manner to open a coconut, all the while taking in the beauty of the lagoon. Upon reaching the snorkel spot, we were provided gear and given ample time to snorkel the warm, super clear water while our lunch was prepared. Numerous colored fish, giant clams and star fish can easily be seen amongst the coral heads. Back on board after the snorkeling we were treated to a lunch that was surprisingly good and then it was off to our last stop of the day, One Foot Island. One Foot Island and the portion of the lagoon around it is a particularly beautiful with a wonderful beach and swimming area with, nestled in the palms, a small snack bar and post office offering souvenir passport stamps that are popular, so bring a few dollars ashore with you. After One Foot Island, it was time for the long cruise back, relaxing to some music while watching the stunning scenery go by; the turquoise lagoon, dotted with palm covered white sand islands, while in the distance one sees waves crashing into the barrier reef surrounding the lagoon making one think about how this remote, tranquil paradise in the middle of the Pacific Ocean is truly miraculous work of nature. We had a great time and an experience we will never forget.

Visited June 2013
Rotorua
“Absolute Classic Day! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Travelling with 3 children, 14, 11, 7. We did the full monty from Rarotonga. Everything we take like clockwork. Pick up was on time, transition to air Rarotonga then to the shuttle then to the boat all perfect. The Commentary was informative and hilarious. Just the right balance to keep us all entertained. Jay is a winner! The snorkelling was AMAZING, just like the photos. All the kids and the parents had a very memorable day.