I had hard time to decide between 4* or 5* for Le Tahaa but at the end we left the island very relaxed and satisfied, even though there were some minor issues. First the positive things:
We got an over-water bungalow at the end of the pontoon, which was perfectly private, overlooking east, so we enjoyed every morning beautiful sunsets from huge, comfortable bed. The bungalow inside was big and very luxury, nicely organized with plenty of space for our stuff. We very enjoyed the big patio, with private, covered seating, where we could spend time, when the weather was windy. Nice surprise was a 110V socket in bathroom for low power devices (e.g. electric tooth brush) AND additionally the hotel provided (default, without asking) a step-down transformer for high power devices, as e.g. hair iron. The room service was great, cleaning and changing towels twice a day. The staff in general was very nice, always smiling and friendly...
The water even at the end of the pontoon was shallow (~1 m), nice warm, but slightly boring with white sand and no coral or other sea plants. But in the north of the island (~10 min walking) there was an absolutely stunning coral garden, providing one of the best snorkeling I have ever seen. The variety corals and especially fish was exceptional. The fish was not shy, on the other side, they were sometimes swimming with me and following me for minutes. :-) The coral garden resembled a labyrinth, where you may get stuck and search for other way out, so it was actually fun and adventure to swim there (make sure you bring flippers or water shoes!). We spent there many hours... There was only one day, when the water was murky (we did not figure out why) but on the next day it cleared up again. I would definitely visit Le Tahaa again, mostly because of the amazing coral garden.
The hotel offered a few free stuff, as a modern gym, kayaks and some other boats, snorkeling gear...
Now the minor flaws:
- While we really liked dinner, the breakfast buffet was the same every day. For a 5* resort I would expect more variety. If I compare it to Bora Bora 5* hotel, Le Tahaa was far behind. However, the quality and taste of the food was excellent and we still enjoyed it.
- The property is relatively small and a huge part of the island is private. We would like to walk around, see the other side (west side) of the island, but when we saw signs as "Private Property", "No trespassing" or "Staff Only" we just did not go there. You are quite restricted to one sidewalk and two pontoons...
- Room service kept forgetting to replace promised two bottles of water a day. We had to ask several times for it.
- The spa was super small and looked pathetic from outside, so we even did not bother to book a procedure (quite a big difference we were used to a huge spa in Bora Bora).
Those minor issues did not affect much our stay and we still think it's an amazing place to visit and spend honeymoon!
- Also Known As:
- Le Taha`a Island Resort And Spa
- Le Taha`a Island Hotel
- Le Taha`a Island Hotel Tahaa
- Le Taha a Island Hotel
- Le Taha a Island Resort
- Le Tahaa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome ! Ia Orana e Maeva !Part of the prestigious Relais & Châteaux collection,” Le Taha’a Island Resort and Spa “ welcomes you to a world of immaculate beauty, a timeless universe of refined authenticity. Located on the secluded Motu Tautau, facing the island of Taha’a on one side and the most perfect view of Bora Bora on the other side, the resort, inspired by traditional Polynesian architecture and style, hosts 60 remarkable suites and villas.Defined by the Relais & Chateaux philosophy, Le Taha’a is the promise of a total change of scenery, a way of life of its own, in harmony with its preserved environment, people and local culture.Welcome to Le Taha’a world… The ultimate Tahitian hideaway… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splendia, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.