I am beyond happy I somehow read about this place in my lengthy research that occurred while planning our 10th anniversary. We also visited Moorea & Bora Bora and most couples we spoke to unfortunately (for them!) hadn't heard of vahine. As a side note our honeymoon 10 yrs ago was
a disaster as I was bitten by a centipede in Maui - hospital, IV antibiotics etc... so this was a very special anniversary trying to make up for the honeymoon. Our 4 days in Vahine was true paradise and we had not one complaint...it was amazing.
I had tears in my eyes when we arrived by boat and Laure gave us our welcome drinks... this island just has such a special feeling about it. My husband had tears when we entered our beach suite #3...the views were stunning and again, just felt so special. The sliding doors were perfect as they allowed us to really experience the beautiful views of palm trees and crystal clear water with a nice breeze coming into our room. I did have a tiny geiko visit me in the shower one day!! and we enjoyed watching the mamma bird getting food for her baby in the nest built in the palm tree behind our room.
The staff is exceptional and Roy (beach boy!) was great. We did go on one snorkeling "tour" with him and experienced the coconut show, and the island tour which was really cool learning about all of the native home remedies. The coconut milk rum shot was delicious!!
The best part about this island is the serenity...quiet, peaceful and everywhere you looked was like a postcard. I had to laugh when one of the reviewers said this place was missing a bathtub stating that he needed a tub for romance. In my opinion every square foot of this island screams romance!! It was a unique, scenic, breathtaking place unlike no other we have ever been to.
The breakfast & dinners were exceptional and we looked forward to them daily. I loved knowing that there were no choices of restaurants, like on other islands, so I wasn't stressed about where to go to eat. My husband, who doesn't like yogurt, loved the homemade vanilla yogurt each morning..it was delicious ! The beautiful place setting & setup with flowers was just amazing. We didn't pay ahead of time for lunch, and shared a light lunch some days and had brought (from the previous island) cheese, crackers, wine which was an amazing lunch that we ate on our little beach at our room.
We loved having "nothing to do" except kayak with eagle rays, snorkel in crystal clear water, play a fun game of beach volleyball, explore the small island, stroll through the palm tree garden, eat gourmet food and go on cool excursions with Roy!
So on a side note we termed the saying "Vahine withdrawal" the day that we left this island and got to Bora Bora...on our very nice resort with lots of people, sub par food etc. We kept fantasizing about taking a helicopter back to Vahine!! We finally got over it the day after but it was honestly very had to go back to a "resort" after staying here for us! Based on this I would recommend planning to come here on the last stop of your vacation if possible.
Lastly, we want to thank the staff for making our romantic dinner so very special- they went above and beyond and it was without a doubt our favorite night of our 2 week vacation!
WE LOVE VAHINE!!!!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Vahine Island - Private Island Hotel
- Vahine Island - Private Island Hotel Tahaa
- Vahine Island Hotel Tahaa
- Vahine Island Resort Tahaa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a private island of 23 acres on the North of Tahaa,Vahine Island offers a unique experience in an idyllic place:Luxurious accommodation, delicious cuisine, large coconut grove on an impeccable lawn and white sandy beach… Guests find total peace and privacy in the middle of one of the most beautiful lagoon of French Polynesia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splendia, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Vahine Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.