“Excellent overall” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 27 Shopping in Moorea
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Exquisite Tahitian Black Pearl Jewelry.Gold, diamonds, rhodium platted silver.Duty free. COURTESY SHUTTLE
“Excellent overall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Loved their beautiful and unique selection, good value, great customer service, and overall a very wonderful shopping experience!

sabpearls, Propriétaire at SAB Pearls, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your nice comment. We hope to see you back next year :)

St. Paul, MN
“Looked everywhere, came back and BOUGHT here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This review is overdue, my experience was great here. My husband and I, along with another couple, shopped for pearls in Tahiti, Moorea and then headed to Bora Bora. We had heard that shopping was better in Moorea. We did an easy one day car rental, so we combined touring the island along with a lunch outing and shopping. There are many pearl shops on opposite sides of the island shopping areas, and I think we hit them all! We stopped into SAB and the designs were more unique and the pearl designs so beautiful. I fell in love with one necklace, based on the beauty and variation of the color of the pearls, as well as its uniqueness. But it was on the high end of my price range, so we moved on. Looked everywhere, came back here, talked to the owner who made a couple of adjustments without hesitation. (my husband was concerned with the quality of one pearl on the strand) she substituted one of better quality, yet matching the color we wanted perfectly. She showed both pearls side by side, showing us what she was willing to do. No going to the back room, no making us feel uncomfortable asking for or doing this, just a great experience overall!

My friend also got a completely different style yet gorgeous necklace there after visiting all the same stores as me and independently came to the same conclusion about SAB!

When I asked about the style of necklace I liked at other shops, some said they could put one together, but SAB already had designed this and was already perfect, and compared to the other shops, SAB pricing was very competitive.

Finally, shopped at a couple of shops in Bora Bora and found the styles to be like everywhere else, and the pricing MUCH higher in Bora Bora. (Was wanting to buy some earrings in Bora Bora and couldn't make myself pay the higher prices). May need to contact SAB again!

Handled all the duty free paperwork as others also say.

Stop here, you will not regret a beautiful keepsake of a lifetime !

Visited June 2012
sabpearls, Propriétaire at SAB Pearls, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your nice appreciation. Most of our collections are directly made on site and we of course remain entirely at your diposal to re-adjust any piece. We want it to be the perfect fit. Your happiness is our best reward...
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was bound and determined to come home with a Tahitian Black Pearl! I was admiring the excursion booking lady's ring at our hotel(Hilton Moorea) and she pointed us in the direction of SAB and I am so thankful she did. They were super sweet and very helpful to us. I tried on so many rings and after pondering over two different ones I walked out with excatly what I had envisioned!!! Thank you ladies for making our experience so great. We will be back to visit!!!

Visited August 2012
Dear Ashlee,
We remember your visit and had a great time helping you.
We hope to see you back soon.
Sab
Brisbane, Australia
29 attraction reviews
“Do not walk past this store!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This really is the best place to buy pearls. It is much much cheaper than Bora Bora and the pearls are exquisite. I walked past the store so many times and was a little reluctant to go in as it looked so nice. I just thought it would be too expensive and a bit of an "exclusive" shop. I was so wrong. The ladies here are fabulous. Very friendly and not pushy at all. There were so many to chose from that I couldn't make up my mind. I tried on lots and lots and they could not have been more helpful and patient. I bought a lovely bracelet and given we were on our honeymoon it made it all the more special. It was a very memorable experience. Thanks once again.

Visited March 2012
Thank you for your message. We are glad you came into our store. As you have noticed, we have all type of jewelry. From casual to luxurious but all with the best quality we can provide and fair prices. We are happy to keep in touch with all the customers and appreciate your support.
“Brilliant pearls and brilliant service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We visited about five pearl shops and found SAB to have the most unique settings and personalized service with very friendly staff. They reset my pearl earrings and delivered them to my hotel in time for me to wear them that night to dinner! I love my pearls and get complements all the time!

sabpearls, Propriétaire at SAB Pearls, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your message. It was a pleasure doing our best so you could wear your earrings in time for dinner.
We hope to see you back soon in moorea.
Best regards