“Poor Service / Management” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 55 Restaurants in Moorea
Cuisines: Polynesian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: The locals told us about this place, and the food was excellent, and a great value, considering the prices at the regular restaurants.
Columbus, Ohio
“Poor Service / Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I really wanted to like this place after reading the reviews on here. When we rented a car for the day, I was excited to find it. We stopped for lunch and was quickly seated. We ordered our food and drinks. The drinks came (diet coke and a beer) and 90-minutes later we received a basket of bread with butter. I was starving and quickly ate the bread. We were relaxing and enjoying the view. The waitress said that our food was coming. Then someone from the kitchen came with food and after placing it front of us, took it away and said that it belonged to the table next to us. Even though four other tables around us had been seated AFTER us, they were eating and some leaving the restaurant after eating. Still we sat and waited another 30-minutes. I asked the couple next to us if they were staying in the area and could recommend another place to eat. They said this place was their favorite and their first experience was slow also, but after they tipped ($$$) their second and third visits were wonderful. This couple was French and we are not. She said she didn't think they liked Americans. I would hate to think that was true and was the reason we were not served. In any case, we got up and decided to leave. The waitress met us halfway to the exit and asked what was wrong. ?!?!?!? Really? I told her that it had been two hours and we had not received our order. She said "sorry" and asked for 700 xpf for our two drinks. Really? I am shocked she even charged us for a diet coke and a beer after we wasted two hours of our afternoon there. The food looked good at the tables around us. I wished that we could have experienced it. There are not a lot of choices on the island of Moorea, so I am sad this was such a bust. By the way, we ended up having to buy potato chips and a bottle of water from a grocery store for lunch because all the restaurants close at 2 in the afternoons and do not reopen until dinner.

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Pahoa, Hawaii
“Simply delightful, great casual dining.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I believe they are only open for lunch and were able to fit them into our schedule on our last day on Moorea. Both dishes we ordered were superb but the portions were so huge, I could barely finish half my meal. We had the fried fish with coconut milk sauce and the carpaccio. We did not have time nor room for dessert but it looked good. The ambience is simple seaside dining, outside, at the waters' edge. Service was slow as they were swamped with customers but the staff and setting were so pleasant we hardly minded. This is a good bet. And our copious lunch cost about $40.

• Visited June 2013
La Canada, California
“Excellent - a Must Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Heard about Snack Mahana from TA reviews and I hounded my husband that this was one restaurant I did not want to miss. Got there right at opening time (11am) and there were already people there. Some of the tables were even reserved. You can tell this place has built quite a reputation. I had the tuna tartare and hubby had the grilled mahi mahi. The food was excellent! really our favorite meal on Moorea. And the service is great, friendly and prompt. We did not have to wait too long for our food. They seat you in the backyard of their garden and part of the house is the restaurant. Worth making the trip to this little gem. WIsh I could have eaten here more than once!

• Visited May 2013
London
“Delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Go to snack Mahana.

You may wait some time before being served, but the food is delicious. An Excellent snack.

Authentic Tahitian family :) The restaurant is in their garden's house.

Not expensive. We went there 3 times during our stay in this wonderful island.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“great food at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is about a 20 minute walk from our hotel Intercontinental Moorea. Unfortunately they only serve lunch but is very tasty. They have several good dishes, but her grilled Mahi Mahi was spectacular. They are also very famous for their poisson crue. It is located right on the beach with a beautiful view. It is not a restaurant but it is the best lunch on the island with large portions for a very modest price. I only wish we could have gone their more often.

• Visited May 2013