“Repeat customer” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 27 Shopping in Moorea
Type: Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Created in 1993 in a little store on Moorea , our brand manages now 5 stores on Tahiti, Moorea , Bora Bora islands . You can be assure to find the perfect selection of Tahitian pearls, harvested in our farm of Fakarava and a top multilingual service, a 30 days money back guarantee, a lifetime upgrade policy, a US and European Customer services. It will be our pleasure to serve you.
South Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Repeat customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were fortunate to visit the island of Moorea again and couldn't leave without visiting Tahia Pearls. Mat is an excellent salesman and took great care of us. We found the perfect piece and I feel lucky to have two lovely, quality pearl necklaces from Tahia. If we ever get a chance to return we will certainly stop at your shop again!

Visited April 2014
frank_tahia, Public Relations Manager at Tahia Exquisite Tahitian Pearls Moorea, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Repeat Customer.
Thank you for your great review and for your repeat business. Its always a pleasure for us to see our customers coming back all the time. I am sure the necklaces you bought during both trips will always bring back the great memories you had of our islands.
Congratulations and we await for your return.
Mat and the Team.

Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent designs and even better customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We spent 10 days in French Polynesia and Tahia had the best designs out of all the pearl stores that we visited, so that's where we purchased. More importantly, i accidentally damaged my necklace and their customer service to get it replaced was exceptional. Matapo handled my issue with total professionalism and I was extremely impressed with their customer service. I would highly recommend them.

Visited January 2014
frank_tahia, Manager at Tahia Exquisite Tahitian Pearls Moorea, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear B.....
I really appreciate your time sharing your experience with me and mentioning our service after purchase. Tahia believe in a long term relationship with our clients which is why they always come back. The designs as you mentioned, its because we got to have a Flavor for any Taste!
Tahia joins me to thank you again for your review.
Vancouver
“Best designs, best service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Like many other reviewers, my husband and I looked at many pearl shops and we were advised to go to see Mat at Tahia. I'm so glad we did!

They arranged for complimentary pick up and return to the resort. The shop is beautiful and air-conditioned (it was so hot that day too), so we took our time! Mat is so nice and we never felt under pressure to buy, so it was nice to have the luxury of taking our time and looking at everything.

We picked out a beautiful ring and pendant and I just LOVE them. The pearls are the best quality (and I saw a LOT of pearls at other places) and these had the most exquisite colour (green) and I'm so happy with them. When I wear them at home, I get so many compliments on the design and colour of the pearls. All of the designs are unique and you can choose between gold, white gold or silver settings.

Go to Tahia...you won't be disappointed!

Visited March 2014
Dear satisfied Customer.
Thank you for your time sharing your shopping experience with me and for recommending us. I will make sure that we keep up the standard and even improve it to make sure every customers feel they get more than the jewelry they purchase.

Mat and the Team
Reno, Nevada
235 attraction reviews
“Great Designs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

While I didn't find what I was looking for at Tahia, it did have some of the best designs of any of the pearls shops I visited on 10 different islands in FP. They were very friendly and really tried to find me what I was after. When I go back, I'll try again to part with my money here. I really felt they were a high quality, unique shop.

Visited January 2014
frank_tahia, Manager at Tahia Exquisite Tahitian Pearls Moorea, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Future Customer
Thank you for reviewing us and I am glad that you notice our unique designs. Its ok if you did not find your dream pearl jewelry this trip but I want you to know that Tahia is all the time changing and upgrading our designs to meet the world's changing demands.
We look forward meeting you on your next trip to Tahiti.
New York City, New York
“FIRST CLASS ALL THE WAY!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

While in Moorea, I was overwhelmed with all the shopping I needed to do, I read soo many threads on TA on where to go for pearls, who to ask for, I read all about it in the Tahiti Guide book, etc. I was kind of overwhelmed even with the thought of buying pearls let alone the experience. So, my husband and I rented a car and set out on our shopping excursion for the day!

We stopped at all the pearl shops recommended in the guides & on TA. But, as we were leaving our hotel (the Hilton) the lady at the activity desk was wearing a beautiful Pearl Necklace pendant, and I knew I wanted to buy something similar for our mom's and grandma. She asked if we were going to be looking for Pearls, we said yes, of course. And she told us to stop in to Tahia and see Mat!

Well, we are soo grateful til this day, that we did! Everything about shopping in Tahia was wonderful. We didn't feel pressured once we walked in the door. They didn't make us sit and watch a 10 minute video on the pearl process (yes, this happened at one shop!) They just asked us some questions, engaged in conversation, let us look around at our pace and when we were ready, Mat showed me the pieces I asked for.

He quizzed us a little bit on the pearl process, just to make sure we knew what we were looking for. My husband, did his research beforehand, so he knew what to look for and we ended up buying 3 beautiful pendants for our moms and my grandma. As Mat started ringing us up, I was still walking around, browsing, making sure I didn't miss anything... and feeling slightly guilty about all the money my husband spent so far on everyone else, I happened to stumble upon the men's jewelry. I called my husband and Mat over, because I found a gorgeous men's bracelet, that I just KNEW my husband HAD TO HAVE! (Side note: my husband is 6'7'' and 300+ lbs... a football player!) So, NOTHING EVER FITS HIM!!! Well, this leather braided black pearl bracelet fit him PERFECTLY!! My husband was over the moon, because things like this never happen to him!

So, Mat added the bracelet to our order and we were on our way!

My husband was soo in love with his bracelet, he wore it every night we went out to dinner during the rest of our stay. We got so many compliments on it as well.

....And off to Bora Bora we went! We even managed to stop in Tahia in Bora Bora, just to see what they had! They had gorgeous things as well, but we didn't buy anything.

NOW here's where the tragedy occurs... during our travel home, from Bora Bora airport-Papeete-LAX, at some point, the bracelet went missing! I had it in my carry on, the whole time, along with all my other jewelry and valuable items!

We realized it once we landed in LAX and my husband was distraught! He was soo upset and just couldn't let it go... so I immediately contacted Mat from Tahia through email and told him the situation. He checked their inventory and they didn't have any more bracelets. I then told him, how when we were in Bora Bora, they had one almost exactly the same. So, Mat went ABOVE AND BEYOND... contacted Bora Bora and got the bracelet for me. He advised me that getting it to the US was going to be tricky as FED EX is the only carrier that would send the bracelet but, they would charge $500 (or some ridiculously high price.) So, once again, Mat went out of his way to figure this out.... he had one of his workers coming to the US, so he sent the bracelet with them and had them ship it to me from California once they got here, and he had it to me before Christmas!

So, I honestly cannot say enough good things about Tahia from their jewelry and customer service! Mat is just a wonderful person, so easy to deal with and he REALLY went out of his way to help me surprise my husband on Christmas!

Thank you Mat and the entire team at Tahia!

Visited November 2013
Great Review!
We really appreciate your precious time given to write such an extraordinary review. I really don't have more to add since you have it all down in details. I just want you to know that It was a pleasure meeting and doing business to you and your husband
Thank you again and I look forward meeting you both in the future.