We stayed at the Legends Resort for 3 nights in December 2012. Totally amazing accommodations for my husband, myself and our two daughters ages 19 & 22. We were upgraded to a three bedroom villa #13 with magnificant views of the lagoon. The service provided by the hardworking ladies was top notch. We had no problems with mosquitos as I had previously read. The villa was just amazing along with the views. We loved the fact that the hot tub was not hot. You really don't want it hot. We lounged on the deck and read, read, read. The only downside was, you really need to rent a car in order to take trips to shop & sight see. Unfortunately for us, all the cars were booked on the Christmas holiday, so we took a taxi one day into to "town" for shopping. Although really not much shopping to be had. The price of a taxi was as much as the price of renting a car. Will definitely recommend that to all who stay there. We walked to the nearby small grocery store - great workout hiking back up that hill. The Villa was magnificant! Loved that we had a washer and dryer so we didn't have to pack tons of clothes. We stayed in Tahiti 2 nights before Moorea and then left Moorea for Bora Bora. This was a celebration of our 30th anniversary and my oldest daughters graduation from college!
We took the lagoon tour to the rays & sharks and then to the private island for a picnic lunch. One of the BEST excursions we've ever taken - definitely recommend that to all. So much fun!!
The only down side was we couldn't really make it to restaurants around the island as we didn't have a car. They do advertise that they'll pick you up, but that's only for restaurants close to the Legends. Oh well, we walked down to the Intercontential and had dinner one night. Nothing special.
While my daughter and I were in town, we stopped in at the Bali Hai hotel and asked them if they could call our taxi to pick us up. The lady at the front desk was very rude, but in the end she did make the call. The Bali Hai was a skettchy place to stay and totally overdone in the Polynesian theme.
Overall we absolutely loved our visit to the Legends and the island of Moorea. I hightly recommend it to all!
- Also Known As:
- Legends Resort Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Legends Resort Moorea Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a private haven nestled in 17 verdant acres, surrounded by breathtaking views of a crystal blue lagoon, and set against a backdrop of the seemingly endless Pacific Ocean.Now imagine enjoying this spectacular view from the privacy of your own luxury villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Splendia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Legends Resort Moorea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.