We stayed here for 6 nights, we decided to stay here because it was self contained and we wanted to cook over the Christmas period instead of eating out.
Staying here made it a lot cheaper however shops close-by are....well not close-by so I would suggest you do your shopping before coming.
The nearest shop is at the bottom of the hill, it only sells basics. There is a small dairy (7/11 or grocery store) about 5 mins walk and a largish shopping centre about 25mins walk.
-Having a full kitchen and laundry was great
-Views were fantastic (we only had a partial ocean view!)
-We were one of the top villas and did not mind the walk up and down as we were aware of it prior to booking and the staff picked us up whenever they saw us walking up the hill
-Bugs were not a problem, we knew when to shut the windows and doors and when we could leave them open. We only saw a couple of geko's as they can fit through the windows.
-The motu was awesome! They supplied snorkelling gear and the beach was beautiful. Not sure why people were complaining about the trip out there, you get to see Moorea from a free boat!!
-Our little backyard pool was amazing! I don't know why people would want it heated when it is hot outside, it was perfect for us.
-There was a strong sewage smell coming from the toilet, we had to spray it with fly spray every few hours it was so bad.
-The restaurant was way too expensive and it was always empty, I thought that because Legends would attract families it would cater to family prices.
-We ordered from the takeaway menu and took it back to our villa a few times and it was not that great
-The gym equipment was broken, only one machine worked.
Overall our stay was just what we needed, it was private and we would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Legends Resort Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Legends Resort Moorea Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine a private haven nestled in 17 verdant acres, surrounded by breathtaking views of a crystal blue lagoon, and set against a backdrop of the seemingly endless Pacific Ocean.Now imagine enjoying this spectacular view from the privacy of your own luxury villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Stentorian NV, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Legends Resort Moorea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.