“Nasty seafood.......” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Eagle River, AK
“Nasty seafood.......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I have meant to stop for dinner here for several years and it just worked out so we could......wished we hadn't. The waitress recommended the bacon wrapped scallops for appetizers. They were grossly overcooked giving them the consistency of vulcanized rubber.....I cook these frequently myself.....these were horrible. The dinner salad was pretty good....my blue cheese dressing tasted like it came from a old bottle in the refrigerator.

After mentioning the impalatability of my scallops to the waitress....who simply said "I'm sorry" and then ignored my complaint completely.....my mediterranean seafood dish was served with the only scallop....sliced thin cooked very nicely. Unfortunately the shrimp....both full sized and cocktail were again grossly overcooked and absolutely tasteless.....they tasted like they have been frozen for the last decade. The linguini was good and the sauce was pretty tasty too. There was absolutely zero halibut (as the menu described) in the dish....no fish of any kind....that was at least recognizable anyway. My wife had stuffed grape leaves and eggplant parmigiana and said it was not too bad.

Service has horridly slow even though there appeared to be plenty of staff. When mentioning the less than wonderful food the waitress again completely ignored the remarks and went on as if they had never been made.....giving me the feeling that they are taught this by the restaurant managers themselves.

I would give it a .1 star but the option is not available. I will never eat there again and will, in detail, explain that to anyone that asks about the restaurant......

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Eagle River, Alaska
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Get a cookbook, you will probably do better than the cooks here. Our server was great, but the food was hot and cold. Average appetizers, you can buy the same at Costco and cook them yourself. Hot and cold is exactly what the entree was. Hot spaghetti and ice cold chicken Marsala. The server was apologetic, but I told her she wasn't responsible for the food prep. Getting a system in the kitchen for large parties might be a good idea for the kitchen staff. The cold food wasn't the servers fault, if the spaghetti was hot, the marsala should have been hot as well. Timing boys timing.
I was not the only one with two temperature entrees and sides. Word to the wise. Large parties should only order cold entrees or pizzas.

Chugiak, Alaska, United States
“Awesome tasting italian food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The food always tasts homemade and is really delicious! The Restaurant is really cozy on the inside and the staff is very friendly and the portions are pretty big. I'm glad that they have this Restaurant there where there is really nothing else unless you go to the next town. The next town is not that far away but I always rather go to Bell Vista because of the great tasting food,Love it!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
wasilla
“go for the service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The carbonara I had was very good, but my companion requested Italian sausage with her spaghetti, and was served a whole, uncut sausage ON THE SIDE! Our waitress, Molly was brand new, but was more knowledgeable than the others re: ingredients. Generous portions.

Visited August 2012
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Awesome pizza and steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Living in Petercreek was made much easier having a great steakhouse and pizzeria there.

• Visited August 2011