“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Attractions in Woodville
Type: Caverns/ Caves, Outdoors
Activities: Hiking, Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: This beautiful cave system features unique rock formations and ancient relics.
24 attraction reviews
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We've been to many caverns and this is one of the most developed.
Cathedral Caverns is an extensive cavern system with many amazing formations and an interesting history. The tour guide was very informative and patient.

Developed outside facilities and amenities are very nice so you may plan a hike or picnic around your visit (see photos).

Images of interior formations just can't do it justice so go and see for yourself!

Visited October 2013

Madison, Alabama
230 attraction reviews
“Worth the drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We set out for the hour drive from Madison to the caverns this afternoon on a cool comfortable November Saturday. The roads were empty and we were surprised to find the parking lot relatively full when we arrived. Please note there is maybe room for 50 cars at best at this Alabama State Park. The welcome center is amazing and reminds me of an Adirondack paradise getaway. To enter the cave you must pay for the tour, our fee was $51 for the four of us: $6 for kids 12 and under, $15 for anyone over 12. There were 4 posted tours that I saw with the last starting at 4 pm, the one we took. I've been to various underground tourist sites before and enjoyed them all, this one was no exception. I found the tour itself slightly dull and feel that the State of AL can market this place better and perhaps pump up the showmanship, but it's still an awesome attraction. If you are visiting northern AL, this is a good 90 minute excursion and even more so when the fall colors are out.

Visited November 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
71 attraction reviews
“Very enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Interesting cavern including the bats! About a 1.5 mile walk (but golf cart available if walking a problem). Tour guide did a very good job and pointed out interesting formations, history of cave development for tourism and effects of earthquake. Interest for all ages. Would recommend a light jacket or sweater and comfortable shoes. Takes about an hour to get there from Huntsville, but a beautiful country drive.

Visited October 2013
8 attraction reviews
“Very away and fun trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My friends and I camped here the night before a cross country meet, and I'll have to say it was very beautiful, quiet and peaceful. There was practically no one there, and their service was great. We didn't actually go in the cave, but the trails they had to offer were very nice. The camping itself was pretty cheap and worth it, I'm definitely coming back. I'd recommend going during the fall.

Atlanta, Georgia
24 attraction reviews
“Truly an Alabama Treasure!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our family has been to many caves in the United States over the last 15 years and I can truly say this is one of the most beautiful. It really was like a cathedral. Fantastic natural beauty everywhere you look!!I can't wait to go back and take our children and grandchildren.

Visited July 2013