I spent a week at this property in June of 2014. It's worthy of a five star review, but I have a couple of small suggestions for the owners.
The property is in a great location in Escazu. If you're an American visiting San Jose for the first time, I'd recommend this area if you want to feel as close to home as possible. The property sits behind a manned gate, but the area is very safe and you would feel comfortable walking around at night, or at least we did. We had a car & had a choice of dozens of restaurants within a 5 minute drive (unless there's traffic, then 5 = 15).
We had a two bedroom apartment, it's nicely furnished with everything you need. It's not the most quiet location, it's on a street and there were sounds of dogs barking and some traffic, but it didn't bother us much.
The staff was very friendly, arranged a cab for me a couple of times when I didn't want to drive and the breakfast was very nice.
Just a few suggestions or things that you may want to know:
-the beds were as hard as anything I've ever slept on. We were in the handicap accessible room, so it may have been related to this, I am not sure.
-the fitness center has really, really old equipment, like army surplus old stuff. And I mean civil war era. It was a nice little room, but some new treadmills and dumbells would be a nice upgrade.
-my bedroom was lacking in electrical outlets, one was taken by the wi-fi and the other for a lamp, so I had to choose between my charger, my lamp or the alarm clock.
Nothing more than minor inconveniences, but just my $0.02.
Thanks for a great stay, I'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find that at Villas del Ro, your stay will definitely feel a lot closer to home.The furnished apartments and fully equipped kitchens provide everything necessary to make your stay more pleasant and comfortable. With daily maid and laundry service, as well as a mini- market with a wide assortment of products.• Apartment-suites with one, two or three bedrooms• Cable TV, air conditioning, voice mail• Meeting room and a free 24 hour internet service• 2 swimming pools (1 heated), Jacuzzi and playground• Extensive gardens and designated pet areas• BarAt Villas del Río they take good care of the guest. The strict security measures and surveillance guarantee that your stay will be free of worries.• Spacious FREE private parking• 24 hours security• Electronic safe deposit boxesApartotel & Suites Villas del Río has an excellent strategic location for your next business or leisure trip. The elegant and ample apartments with all the modern amenities make you feel at home.• Friendly staff eager to help you 24 hours a day• Additional services and assistance upon request• Easy access to some of the most important shopping and entertainment centers, office buildings, restaurants and other services• Free shuttle service from and to the Airport (24 hours)The various lodging solutions, competitive rates as well as ideal facilities and outstanding services make Apartotel & Suites Villas del Ro one of your best choices in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Apartotel & Suites Villas del Rio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartotel And Suites Villas Del Rio
- Apartotel & Suites Villas Del Rio Hotel San Rafael De Escazu
- Apartotel Hotel Del Rio
- Apartotel & Suites Villas Del Rio Costa Rica/Province Of San Jose