“Best Steaks in Costa Rica” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Galeria Steakhouse

Galeria Steakhouse
Escazu | Plaza Florencia 200 north from Comercial Paco, next to the gas station, San Rafael de Escazu, Costa Rica
+506 2289 3901
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse, International, Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Calgary, Canada
“Best Steaks in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I love the steaks here. They are priced right, are not chewy like most steaks in Costa Rica and the hosts/wait staff are second to none in Costa Rica. I love the strawberry hot sauce and garlic oil sauces too. Overall, it's the best steakhouse restaurant around.

Visited July 2012

97% Recommend
Santa Barbara, California
“They can do rare and medium rare here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Good service and all restaurants in CR are completely NON SMOKING.

Yeah, we always wanted to sit out on the patio and enjoy our steak, now we can without smelling cigarettes. The paintings from local artists are beautiful.
Tatiana speaks great english and friended me on FACEBOOK. How cool is that? Dinah and John from Santa Barbara

Visited June 2012
Grecia
“Great restaurant in Grecia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

One of the 1st places I ate at while visiting and now a regular since I live here. Their steaks are great but their hamburger is the best I have had in CR. Service is great, atmosphere is excellent and prices are very good.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grecia, Costa Rica
“You cannot get better ribs anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We visit Galleria Steakhouse about once a month when we are staying in Grecia. I am nuts for the pork ribs but the butter garlic fish is lovely too. The hamburger is fabulous. A lovely meal is between $10 - 15 I believe (can't say for sure - my husband pays) Friends have shared the platter for two and it's great as well. The sausage which I've tasted from the platter makes me want to order it next time - but the ribs call my name. The owner and the staff know my husband and ask him if he needs the menu or will it be the 'usual'. And this after 7 months back up north. The tables are not jammed together, the walls are adorned with local artist paintings that are for sale as well as some pictures of times past in Grecia. I highly recommend it. And if you haven't tasted guanabana - go for a batido!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rhinebeck, New York
“American style steakhouse in Costa Rica”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Your choices in Grecia are minimal unless Pollo Crispy and bad chinese food rock your boat. So, I ended up eating at this American style steakhouse several times during my stay in Grecia. The steaks (mostly American cuts but a few Latin American ones---ask the server for what's NOT on the menu) are of good quality, much better than you'd expect to get in an American restaurant at this price. All beef is local and has a much more gamey quality than factory produced American beef. The very economical pork chop was also surprisingly good. The service was always very friendly. The side dishes and appetizers could use some improvement. If you like reasonably priced large portions of meat, this is your place. There is also shrimp (OK) and fish (did not try) on the menu as well as a few pasta (did not try) options for vegetarians.

Visited February 2012