“The best in San Jose” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Panama City, Panama
“The best in San Jose”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

A small restaurant adjoining Hotel Boutique Jade in a nice area.
There is only one word that comes to mind when it comes to describing Jürgen's: EXCELLENT!
Great food, fantastic service, and unexpected treats: they'll sometimes give you a complementary amuse-bouche (small appetizer), small dessert, or beverage; which are as delicious as the food you ordered.
Although a little on the expensive side, it is worth every penny.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Austin, Texas
“Excellent Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

A small restaurant adjoining boutique hotel. Excellent service and the food is great. In an upcoming neighborhood. Highly recommend it for lunch or dinner.

Visited February 2013
Piedmont, California
“Very well prepared foods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant is part of the Hotel Boutique Jade, a well-appointed small hotel near the University campus. It's menu choices are not typical Costa Rican, but more continental in taste. The dishes tend to use more sauces than basic Costa Rican cuisine and the menu is long enough to give most diners plenty of choices.

Visited January 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Expensive - so so food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Not the best place to eat definitely. Food is "international" but it is not really as good as you might think when entering the restaurant. Place is nice but the food does not live up to the initial expectation.

Visited March 2012
Florida
“Jurgen's nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We crossed town from our hotel (thirty minute drive) because we thought this would be something special in San Jose. We were mildly disappointed. The waiters were very attentive and helpful although none of them spoke English. I would have expected at least one who did. Fortunately we speak enough Spanish to get by. The menu was really unimaginative. I always hope to find something that I am not familiar with to learn another dish for my own repertoire. But they had only the same old routine dishes. However I must say they were cooked well and presented well. The prices were not the highest I have ever paid but we did not feel we really had value for money. I had four small lamb chops. My wife ordered salmon because she could not find anything exciting on the menu. The bill came to $86 including two small glasses of house wine. We were seated near a corridor leading to the bathrooms. Nobody from the restaurant ever passed us but there was a constant stream of people coming in through a door behind us and noisily walking to the bathrooms. Toward the end of our meal groups of people came through the door and passed our table with loud conversation and headed for the front entrance of the restaurant. Several of them bumped into our table with backpacks and cases. I discovered that this was all because there was a meeting room behind the restaurant and, instead of using the bathrooms in the hotel and going out through the hotel entrance; they all chose to disturb our meal. One would think I high priced restaurant such as this would have had some concerns for their guest's privacy and comfort. It was almost like a comedy but a rather expensive one for us. There are several far better restaurants in San Jose. I see other people liked this restaurant. I have travelled throughout the world all my life so I guess my standards are higher than most.

• Visited November 2012