“hard to spot” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Santiago, Chile
“hard to spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Named Olio, but most of the awnings say Bavaria. Cute little corner restaurant...nice, but not overly fancy. Had the papas bravas -- basically two potatoes cut in wedges and fried, but very good. We were given a wine sample (free) and sat outside. Waiters were not attentive after they brought our meals/drinks out (there was a couple at the table next to us) and we basically had to track down the waiter to get our bill.

menu in English and Spanish

Visited April 2013

Fredericton, Canada
“Not bad, but slow and overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I ate here twice, and while I came away satisfied both times, I found the service a bit slow, and the restaurant quite noisy. I was with a party of ten or so both times and I had a very hard time hearing conversation from folks across the table.

The menu is varied, and the food was excellent. I had several varieties of tapas each time, and sampled other dishes that my friends had. The calamari was excellent. The wine list is extensive and had a number of highly rated malbecs and cabs from South America.

On the second night, it took almost an hour to pay for my meal. For two people (I split my bill with another friend), our total was a little under $100 US, including two glasses of wine. I find that a little high.

I'd go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tualatin, Oregon
“Nice restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Good food and atmosphere, attentive staff, some nice wines especially from Chile. I enjoyed the calimari.

Visited February 2013
Oslo
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I ended up in this restaurant while looking for another one we never found. A good thing, as Olio turned out to be a very cozy place with extremely good food. My husband was even more pleased with his meal than I was, even though I was more then happy enough! Everythimg tasted great and the service was effective and professional. It is located a bit out of the centre of town, but a quick taxiride away! I would recomend Olio any day!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“LOVED Everything About this Restaurant Other than Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

AMBIANCE: Excellent. The place has a very intimate, "authentic" kind of feel. The decorations are extensive, and it is, overall, very romantic.

FOOD: Excellent. The menu is highly varied. We ordered a couple of tapas to share and were very pleased with every item. The stuffed mushrooms appetizer and the Olio sampler stood out as the best items to us. All portions are large, so these are not like typical smaller tapas plates that you will get in Spain.

SERVICE: Very Good. The kitchen seemed to be operating a bit slowly, but the waiter was very polite and accommodating.

LOCATION: Terrible. A lot of people have already commented on the train going by, but it bears repeating. Even at nighttime when only one train might go by during your stay here it is VERY disturbing because the train has to honk its horn as loud as possible because there´s an intersection right outside. The whole thing really disrupts a nice dinner, and it´s for that reason that I can´t give Olio 5 stars, overall.

• Visited December 2012