“Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Scottsdale
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

One of the best Italian restaurants I have been to in a long time! Skip the beef and eat the pasta or seafood. The Lasagna is to die for!

• Visited May 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“PASSABLE, BARELY”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Many positive reviews for this place. My experience was barely average. I ordered a Caprese Salad and I git just that: 3 slices of tomatoes, 2 slices of mozzarella, 3 basil leaves. Nothing else. Perhaps they should rename Spartan Caprese Salad.
Group of 6, we arrived early and were the first and only to sit down for dinner. Still had to wait for the appetizers to clear before we got some bread (yes, quite good) and then 20 minutes to get our entrees. Meanwhile, the staff of 3 tripping over each other to do.... nothing to help.
Had been there some 2 years ago, for lunch, and I did not remember such a bad experience (else I would have vetoed the selection last night). this time, it was not memorable and not worth returning
Of course, there is a "service" charge. They need to change the name.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Playas del Coco
“Marvelous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Undeniably the best italian restaurant in San Jose! Great selection of wines and the pasta always, al dente!

• Visited March 2013
Hoboken
“Delicious restaurant with fabulous service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

L'Olivo was recommended to us by an American we met at our Hotel bar in Irazu. He also suggested the waiter that we may have and how great he was, I can't remember his name but we had him and he brought us a free shot! The fish was amazing, and the pasta was good. The bread was extremely fresh; overall we had a great experience!

• Visited January 2013
Florida
“Excellent Food, Nice Atmosphere. By My Third Visit, I Felt Like Family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

L'Olivo was recommended to me by a New Yorker, who paid it the supreme compliment: "Its as good as you'll get in Brooklyn." He wasn't far wrong. I ordered conservatively on my first visit and was sufficiently pleased so that I took a little more risk on the second. By the third time, it was flattering to be greeted by name, to have the bottle of S. Pellegrino brought along with the menu, and to be told "We have veal tonight." I responded by simply telling the server "I'm hungry. Surprise me." I was there for more than 2 hours and the meal was delicious!

• Visited September 2012