“Good food - good ambience” 4 of 5 stars

2222-6190
Update restaurant details
Ranked #18 of 285 restaurants in San Jose
Gainesville, Florida
“Good food - good ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The cafe is tucked away in a little street away from the main road and is easy to miss.
The cafe has a great ambience, good food and good service. The outdoor seating deck/terrace is a nice place to hang out and eat dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Portland, Oregon
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Cafe Mundo is an "old house / garden setting" restaurant, maybe a 10 minute walk from Parque Marazon. They bring delicious breads as you arrive, excellent wine is available by the glass, and main course meals include good pasta dishes, beef and seafood. I have enjoyed the personalities of the waitresses, and they know the food well. Desserts are definitely a high point. The managers are customer-oriented --- once I ordered a martini, it came tasting strangely, I spoke to the manager and he brought a good one and told me, "I tasted the first one after I took it back, and you were right, it was a mistake." This sort of service and honesty isn't common, I think. My wife and I eat here every time we visit San Jose. I haven't eaten the pizza, but it looked good. I was at this restaurant at lunch time, just to make a reservation, and the sunlight made it look really beautiful --- we plan to have lunch there in a few weeks.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Davis, CA
“Cool restaurant a short walk from Hotel Don Carlos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Simple and safe at all hours to walk, just a couple blocks up Avenida 9 past embassies, from Hotel Don Carlos. Fantastic atmosphere, both in and out, spilling into the garden courtyard. Full of local academics and hipsters, bustling and fun every time we've come, but with room for us to be seated right away. Evening is especially nice. Inside is great, outside is maybe better. The big windows are usually wide open so, wherever you are, you get the general liveliness of the place. Good food and drinks. Reasonably priced.

Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Great setting, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This pizza and pasta joint is not full of traditional fare, but the food is plentiful and fairly priced, and the shady, outdoor seating makes for a very pleasant meal on a hot evening.

Visited February 2013
Atenas, Costa Rica
“I expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place was highly recommended to us so, we went there with that expectation. The ambiance and service were good however, I did not find much of selection for vegetarian dishes as I am one. So, I settled for a pasta dish with white beans which I found that very plain and undercooked. My wife is not a vegetarian and her food was also average. Presentation did not impress us either.

• Visited February 2013