“I brought 20 with me, they gave us the private A/C room, and they loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Machu Picchu

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Alajuela
“I brought 20 with me, they gave us the private A/C room, and they loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

As bus captain for foreign delegates to the Special International Assembly "Safeguard Your Heart" last week, I brought 20 with me, they gave us the private A/C room, and they loved it! The food was exquisitely prepared and presented in such a way that each one of us couldn't wait to see what plate the waiter would bring next to our table! My mouth is watering just thinking about the Tilapia fillet melting in my mouth in that special sauce. As a tour guide for Costa Rica, I recommend this place (just a few blocks north from Tryp Sabana Hotel).

Visited January 2013

New York City, New York
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We were in San Jose for a convention last weekend staying at the Tryp hotel. TMachu Picchu was recommended to us. We loved it so much we returned the next evening. The ambiance and service was excellent. One of our friends has gluten intolerance and the staff assisted her in picking from the menu a fantastic steamed sea bass with delicious vegetables. Not a disappointment! My husband had the beef which melted in your mouth. The seafood was fresh and prepared wonderfully. Try the Peruvian cultural drink, it contains no alcohol but is very tasty. If you are staying in the city, don't travel through without eating there. We met the wife who she and her husband own the restaraunt, she is Panamanian and he is Peruvian, just lovely people. The gow their own peppers and make an excellent pepper sauce from it, fresh and hot.

Miami, Fl
“CR X-MAS 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our favorite restaurant in San Jose, Costa Rica. Excellent food and service. A dish for every taste. Specially reccommend the "Bandeja Machu Picchu" variety plate which has different samplings of Peruvian cuisine, enough food for at least two to three people.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Enjoyable, affordable, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Came here with a group if friends after a two week tour of the country. The seafood and lamb dishes were a nice change from casadas and gallo pinto. Everyone had a good time though it did take a while to get our food.

San Jose, Costa Rica
“Nice food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I love Peruvian food, and this restaurant is very very good. Its price is a little high but completelly worthed. You should try the shrimp with avocado.

Visited August 2012