“Best Asian Food I've ever had - & I'm from NYC!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tin Jo

Tin Jo
Calle 11, Av. 6 y 8 Detras de la Iglesia La Soledad, 150 metros al sur, San Jose, Costa Rica
506 2221 7605
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 299 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Pan-Asian
Description: Our mission is to serve delicious, healthy food in an environment that is conducive to sharing and caring. We believe that food should nourish us physically, emotionally and spiritually. Our dishes are inspired from Asian countries: China, Japan, India, Indonesia, Thailand. We have an extensive vegetarian and vegan menu as well as a gluten free menu. Our Asian themed rooms gather together all the art work we have collected as well as those created by closed friends and frequent diners. Tin Jo is our third child and we are very involved owners. We love to interact with you, our customers and it is our sincere wish that your visit to our restaurant satisfies not only your senses but also uplifts your spirit. With Gratitude,Maria Hon and Robert Faulstich
Atenas, Costa Rica
“Best Asian Food I've ever had - & I'm from NYC!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a special occasion restaurant, as it is quite expensive - but I recently went there twice in 3 days while in San Jose & everything we ordered (in one case w/ 4 others) was to die for. Do not fail to order the ginger ice tea - no words to describe, unlike any ice tea I've ever had before (& friends told me all the ice tea is equally good). I had the steamed fish & then 2nd time shared a bunch of veggie apps, all delish! Then I ordered the vegetarian steamed rice (not fried!) to take home & can absolutely tell you it was like no other I've ever had, packed w/ veggies & wonderful, unique taste. Such a light touch w/ all the food. The fruit sorbet for dessert is also amazing. At 5mill the rice was expensive, but found I had enough for 4 meals once home. Only complaint was that the service was very slow (we waited about an hour for our food & were not pleased) - but once the food arrived, all was forgiven...

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Tamarindo
“Nice place for a good exotic meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Delicious food and very pleasant decoration and atmosphere. I loved the different rooms in the restaurant with all different themes of deco.

Visited December 2012
“Best restaurant in Costa Rica!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

How could this restaurant be rated as 6th best when it was absolutely amazing!!

Me & my husband are vegetarians and it makes it hard to find nice food for us. We happened to stumble across this restaurant in failed search of 2 other Indian restaurants that we had printed address out from on google. Just up the road from Tin Jo is a Argentinian restaurant who's waitor recommended Tin Jo to us.

From outside we were a little unsure about it, but from the moment we stepped in the staff were pleasant and attentive. A special mention goes to "Johnny" who's happy bubbly charm made us feel asif we had known him for a long time. He Didnt just take an order and go he made an effort, talked to us, welcomed us like no other restaurant staff has ever before.

Food was amazing!! Healthy and yummy both at the same time! We ordered samosas, vegetable soup, vegetarian Indian curry with chappatis and paneer curry with rice. Defiantly try their lemon water juice!!

It had a nice selection of meals for Vegs and non-Vegs!

If u r going to Costa Rica u MUST go to this place!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix
“Good Food but Expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went there for dinner with a friend in April. I had Kung Pao Chicken and he had an order of their Fried Rice with shrimp. The food was well prepared and the service was very good. My only knock on the place was that it was expensive for the amount and quality. However, if you are tired of the local fare and need a Chinese fix..this place is a decent choice

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atenas, Costa Rica
“fairly good but has some problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

friends and I went to this highly rated restaurant for lunch. While the food was good, there were some problems. I ordered 'hot and sour'; soup, with a hotness of 4 out of 5. The flavor was good but there was NO kick to it. I also ordered another appetizer - the fried vegetarian spring rolls (can't remember the exact name). Again, the flavor was good but they were not totally cooked - the covering was 'mushy'. My friends did order other items and said they were very good but they waited over 1 hour for the food! The service did leave a lot to be desired - empty plates were not removed for over 15 minutes and water (although requested repeatedly) was not refilled very quickly. Because of the long wait, the restaurant did comp our drinks (1 each). And because of the long wait, we could not order any dessert from the kitchen (it closed before we were done with our entrees)! I am told that this service was not typical but it certainly did not meet my expectations for this fairly expensive restaurant!

• Visited May 2013