“Great Lamb dishes!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lubnan

Lubnan
Paseo Colon, frente a Torre Mercedes., San Jose, San Jose, San Jose, San Jose, Costa Rica
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 311 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Atenas, Costa Rica
“Great Lamb dishes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

service was a bit slow (hence the 4 instead of a 5) BUT we did have a group of 10! The lamb dishes were wonderful, authenic, and huge! We received complomentary coffee and were able to get separate checks! There is a smoking area hidden in the back in a courtyard - no secondhand smoke! I liked the decor - the entrance through a revolving burlap door took me away for the city and into the world of the Mediteranian!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Barcelona, Spain
“Great Food,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The food is legit. Classic lebanese dishes with a unique decor. Wednesday nights in the Bar boasts the longest running electronic Dance night (house) in the country. DJ Sweet-Bo (France) has been killing it there with special guests for 10 years. Good eats smooth beats and great people watching if you go early enough and get a seat in the Bar.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Excellent food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Lubnan is one of the most amazing restaurant ever, in the moment you taste the food, you "travel" over the seas, amazin experince. and the coffee is really good!!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tel Aviv, Israel
“decent food and service, terrible decor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

despite the fact that the place is decorated like the inside of a bordello, the service was good and the food very tasty - especially the falafel and the hummus.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Left without eating!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I went there during the lunch time. They had a lunch offer, It was a combo meal which brings soup + humus + main dish plus a drink. I waited 20 minutes, I only got a drink of fruit juice, they did not bring the side orders in the meantime. I asked the waitress about my orders. She did not get back to me. I decided to go to cashier and talk to the person in charge of the restaurant. He did not even asked me what happened because he knew that I was going to complaint about their terrible service. He showed me an unconcerned face, he let me go without saying me a simple apology.

Extremely unsatisfied because I am in the tourism business and we recommend this place to our guests. With this terrible quality minded customer service, we would not recommend any more.

• Visited May 2012