“Volunteering in Orosi with Globe Aware was phenomenal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orosi River Valley ( El Valle del Rio Orosi )

Orosi River Valley ( El Valle del Rio Orosi )
Al sureste de Cartago, San Jose, Costa Rica
and up
Irazu Volcano, Orosi Valley and Lankester
Ranked #5 of 87 things to do in San Jose
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Volunteering in Orosi with Globe Aware was phenomenal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

OK I went for a week to the Orosi valley. So much fun - ziplined, went water white water rafting down the Reventezon and visited some natural hot springs and a coffee plantation. Its a peaceful beautiful place made all the more so by spending time with the locals volunteering. I went with Globe Aware so that I'd have a guide with me the whole time, but am sure there are other ways to go about it. We worked ia primary school for a couple of days, worked on a community garden organic gardening project and at a center for the disabled. I can't say that these are the neediest people in the world, but they do have a whole lot less than what i'm used to seeing and they seem happy and it made me so grateful for everything. I will be returning. I loved having this comprehensive feel to a place

Visited February 2012

Fremantle, Australia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Good to spend a couple of days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just make sure you choose the best time of year to travel to this place, as its soooo beautiful & has many hikes through the mountains, visit the hot springs, not the one in town but there is one just out of Orosi, the locals may help you with the directions,, it is easy to get to walking about a good hour ( ish) , my husband & I spent hour siting on the rocks and having a hot soak in the small pool right next to the river,,the mirador is another good walk from town up the mountain bearutiful views of the valley of Orosi

Visited November 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Beautiful River Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Costa Rica has many nice places to visit, but this one specially will give you the taste of what Costa Rica was many years ago maintaining its beauty. It is a place to enjoy a weekend or some soft adventure tours. Very nice place

Visited January 2012
Marina del Rey, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“River Rafting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The people who run this outfit are amazing. We felt completely safe while enjoying a very exciting adventure. The food afterwards was fabulous.

Visited May 2012
Monterrey
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“The perfect retreat spot for relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

After a morning business day that started really early my very nice and hosting Costa Rican customer offered me to visit the Orosi valley to have lunch in a Restaurant located inside of a Coffe "Hacienda".

We drove from San José, passed thorough Cartago (nice city to take a quick look of the churchs) and continue heading to Orosi Valley. Views from the top are breathless, green everywhere and coffe plantations all over the hills.

When we got to the small village of Orosi, I was thrilled by the little church (UNESCO Heritage I understood from my customer) and all surroundings. Driving in that little way make sure to open your windows to breath pure oxigen!.

We drove until a huge Dam and then got back to such a nice restaurant in front of the lake. I felt totally relaxed with such a nice views.

I highly recommend a visit over this area, half a day is more than enough to take it back home with amazing memories of this beautiful country as Costa Rica is!.

Bon voyage!!!.