“Great value for the kids” 4 of 5 stars

San Jose City Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #7 of 42 Attractions in San Jose
Type: Children's Museums, Museums
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Great value for the kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Family oriented, pedagogical and educational, this is the place to go when the kids are getting bored of the big city.

Visited September 2013

Toronto
13 attraction reviews
“A way to entertain the kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Compared to some of the children's museums I've been to around the world, this one is just okay. Seems a bit dated, but the kids seemed to enjoy themselves regardless.

Houston, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Great museum!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My kids (ages 5 and 7) and I had a day to kill in San Jose, so we went by the children's museum. What a wonderful surprise! It is HUGE with an amazing variety of subjects and activities--40 rooms in all. It was super cheap, only about $7 for two kids and one adult. It was also very well staffed and easy to find guides to help show us how to work exhibits. (It helps to know some Spanish but certainly not necessary.) There is a small cafeteria with basic, inexpensive food.

My only complaints are that (1) a good number of the activities were broken, and (2) the lighting is so bad in spots that we couldn't see the exhibits. Even so, there were so many other exhibits to enjoy that I still give it five stars. We spent six hours there, and I had to drag my kids out. It is their favorite museum ever and have been asking when we can go back.

Houston, Texas, United States
“Fun Musuem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I visited the Museum with some fellow college students who were studying abroad. The place made me feel like a kid again. Its a very large museum so you need to dedicate at least 3 hours to move through it fairly quickly. I went during a weekday so there were not large crowds but i've heard the weekend gets pretty crowded. I could imagine if I brought my kid here it would of turned into a 5 hour event because there are so many things for kids to do and get hands-on with here.

Visited June 2013
Panama City, Panama
“Great place for children, but try and avoid the weekend.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our children had a great time here. They could have a look at a real plane, fire engine and helicopter. They dressed up as firemen and policemen. We learned a lot about Costa Rica, it's agriculture and political system. It was a great day out. Unfortunately we went on a Sunday and it was so busy that it was almost claustrophobic. I would recommend going on a weekday if you can manage it. Entrance fee was very reasonable too. About $10 for a family with three young children.