“Huge museum for children” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 33 Attractions in San Jose
Type: Children's Museums, Museums
San Jose, Costa Rica
17 attraction reviews
“Huge museum for children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is by far, the best children's museum we've been to. You could spend a whole day here and still not see it all. My husband took my 6 year old and they only got to 1/3 of the museum. I had the 4 year old and we managed to almost do it all in 3 hours. Most of the information is in spanish, but there are some english signs. The museum staff were friendly and some spoke limited english. The museum itself used to be a penetentiary so it was interesting to see how it was transformed. Bit of a dodgy area though so make sure you have transportation.

Visited April 2013

Moorhead
14 attraction reviews
“Children's Museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We went to this museum because we thought it would be interesting and it was. It was fun to see all of the different exhibits and talk with the workers in the museum, they were really nice and helpful with my Spanish. Be aware that the neighborhood leading up to the museum is not a good place for children, take a taxi don't walk.

Visited June 2012
columbia, sc usa
12 attraction reviews
“The Best Kids Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

With two little ones, I've been in a lot of children's museums and this one of the best I've seen. It has a bit of everything and it is large, so you can spend quite a bit of time there. The kids didn't want to leave, and wante to go back the next day. Well, worth a visit if you've got little ones.

Mount Pleasant
26 attraction reviews
“Not bad for a 20 year old”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The friends I went with took too much time on things and I got bored. But it was okay for me as a 20 year old, so for kids I think it would be a great place to go for entertainment. There's not much to do in San jose so if you are here more than a week I would suggest going here, but I would first suggest going to the artisans market & seeing a play at the Teatro nacional. But for kids entertainment this would be the first place to go. This museum has 2 parts and is a good place for kids and older people who are kids at heart. But I wouldn't say this is a good children's museum compared to the states. The price is 1,100 colones ($2.20 US) for anyone older than 15 and I think 800 colones ($1.60 US) for anyone younger than that. You can get a map of the the place for 100 colones. The museum is located about 8 blocks away from the Teatro nacional and is a big yellow castle. It has a cafe that has small size meals, and decent prices for the meal except the casados (average meal) are normal size, about 2300 colones.

Miami
5 attraction reviews
“Better than i had imagined”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised. Kids had a good time. i would return. Some of the things needed some tlc but most where educational and fun at the same time. Don´t miss the earthquake simulator. Very cool. Cheap and good family time. impressive building or should i say fortif i may say so.