“The staff was wonderful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palma Real Hotel & Casino

Save Saved
You added Palma Real Hotel & Casino to your Saves list
Palma Real Hotel & Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Mts Norte del Ice | Sabana Norte, San Jose 250, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #36 of 85 Hotels in San Jose
Los Angeles, California
“The staff was wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had a nice time the couple days we had to stay and its in san jose near alot of places. They have complementary breakfast with the stay, it was really good, not your cereal and dounut kind of breakfast..They book tours and rent a car at the same facility which was easy for us to do...The staff and service was great. Javier Serrano and Juan Gomez were so helpful they made us feel at home. My family would stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Shirley G, Manager at Palma Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Mr Estevez

Thanks for your note. I will forward your comment to all our staff. Our mind gold to create a different experiences for all our guests

Hope to serve you in the near future. Please contact me any time for your next trip to San Jose an your home.

Best regards

Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The most common question that is left in the back of ones mind is did I get value for my stay? This is the most important concern for the traveling business person such as my self. In this new normal value is the watch word to measure the success of any trip. As to value I can honestly state that my recent stay at Hotel Palma Real answered this question with a resounding yes. It is not often that you receive wonderful amenities for a great value. The Hotel prides itself on serving the demands and needs of the business traveler. Recently. it was part of the celebrated, respected and renowned global hotel chain Barcello, although, now independent it retains the "upscale" features but has added some nice touches of their own. For example, Palma Real offers a casino and bar opportunity to relieve the new “worries” or to celebrate the new “suceesses” to its business patrons. But it is also is centrally located to downtown San Jose or adjoining areas thereby affording savings with taxis. Next , Palma Real realizes that business has to get done this is why there is a fully operational business center, to fax, scan, or simply have an integrated meeting and work area that is up to the daily business demands. Finally, as an added bonus to clean, and comfortable rooms Palma Real offers a compact but modern fitness and beauty salon on the 3rd and 4th floor. The fitness center in particular commands a scenic view being situated on the 4th floor giving your workout a “top of the world” experience. In sum Palma Real captures needs of the business traveler to Costa Rica. But it also offers to visitors seeking to enjoy the natural beauty of Costa Rica a convenient , and reasonable boutique hotel to my fellow travelers which although geared to business is a wonderful staging and launch point to enjoy Costa Rica.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Shirley G, Manager at Palma Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Mr Luis

We are really happy for your note. I will forward your comment to all our staff. Our mind gold to create a different experiences for all our guests

Hope to serve you in the near future. Please contact me any time for your next trip to San Jose an your home Palma Real Hotel & Casino

Best regards

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

You don't stay in San Jose for a luxurious resort, so I didn't come expecting much. This hotel offers ok value for money when it comes to room and breakfast, I haven't stayed at other hotels in the area so I can't promote or pan it.. I liked the location, the rooms were of decent size, wifi is fast, but towels felt dirty. Breakfast buffet was ok, but what ever you do, don't eat there for dinner, service was forgetful (as was our food apparently) and the salad looked toxic, the soup undercooked if possible, and the guacamole took 100 hours for "meh" flavor, drinks were watered down.
In brief: I would sleep here again, but would avoid eating here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Shirley G, Manager at Palma Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Mr / MS

Thanks for the comments in Trip Advisor, is very important for the Palma Real Hotel and our staff.

I will look personally the comments with our Chef and our House Keeping to fix the details that you mention.

We will be honor to serve you again in the near future so please contact me and I will arranges all the details during your stay with us and give us the chance to serve you better.

Carlos Ruiz Ruiz
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

The hotel is in a good quiet location absolutely the best the staff are the best Javier the bell boy is one of the nicest person in the world he helped me out a lot and Juan who works at the front desk is one of the best as well the girl at the front desk the whole staff are friendly My name's Officer Emmanuel and I'm coming back again soon

Room Tip: everything is good
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Shirley G, Manager at Palma Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Mr / MS

We will be honor to serve you again in the near future so please contact me and I will arranges all the details during your stay with us.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Recently stayed at Palma Real and found it an excellent choice. Great food, service, room, the works. Loved the location, went for a walk at the nearby park and enjoyed the restaurant as well as the Italian place next door. Very authentic food. The bedding was another aspect that exceeded expectations. Very good value for the buck.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We spent one night at this hotel during a week-long stay in Costa Rica and compared to the other locations we stayed at, I can't say this really stood out as anything exceptional. The rooms were clean and we had hot water. The food - we had the breakfest buffet - was not bad but not really fresh our outstanding. The hotel is kind of tucked away, so not really near a lot to do. I'd say it's probably good for the price if you need a place to just crash for the eve/as a stopover but not a "must do" vacation hotel choice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Shirley G, Manager at Palma Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Ms / Mr

Greetings from the Palma Real Hotel & Casino team.

Thank you for your comments at Trip Advisor, those are really important in order improve our services and fill up our guest expectations.

Carlos Ruiz.
Palma Real Hotel & Casino
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

from the bathroom sink with some man's hair clippings in it, around it, on the soap dish and on the hand towel next to the sink….to the flimsy bath towel, the moldy bath surround and scuffed up furniture…it is what it is. Just an old dirty hotel with friendly staff. Expect nothing more and you won't be disappointed.
P.S. the sewage stench that woke me up at 2am prompted me to go plug all the drains.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Shirley G, Manager at Palma Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Ms / Mr

With this you greetings from the Palma Real Hotel and Casino, hoping you are well.

In advance, we thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, it is important for us so we get feedback from our guests expectations.

For now, we will take into account the details listed on our facilities and the overall cleanliness of the rooms and bathrooms.

Always the growth of a company is to check their failures to improve and refine their virtues, we are hand in hand with the search for every day to be better in service.

Likewise, we hope you give us a chance to have him and another time in our facilities to erase that bad taste, to serve you as you deserve and meet all your requests.

Carlos Ruiz Ruiz
Director

Been to Palma Real Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!