This hotel is located in Alajuela, near a big park. The neighbourhood is quiet, not much to do around. I went to a congress at the nearby Crowne Plaza, so did not have time to move around.
I stayed here for 6 nights, in the 'Business Floor' and got a spacious, clean room with two queen-size beds, satellite TV, complimentary wi-fi (did not work for two days but, when it did, it was ok), big closet, safe, iron and ironing board, A/C, mini-bar, small table (no desk though), complimentary local newspaper (Spanish only). The view was nothing special but it was a quiet street, which was good to sleep well. The bed and pillows were really comfortable, linen was fresh, perfect for a good night's sleep. There is an alarm clock but I used the wake-up call service. The bathroom is large, with shower and tub. Bathroom ammenities were ok, towels were good, but it would be nice to have more light (putting on make-up can be tricky with such dim light!). There is a hair-dryer, but I would advise bringing your own. The first two nights I got complimentary Hershey kisses, but no more chocolates from the third night onwards!
The buffet breakfast was good, though the breakfast area is rather small so finding a free table might be a bit of a challenge. Waiters are somewhat rude, and if you wish to have tea instead of coffee they can keep you waiting for ages. There is 24-hour room service, which I did not use.
There is a gym but I did not use it.
Front desk staff are nice and ready to help. On my arrival, I got a complimentary fruit juice and a ticket for a free glass of rhum, which I did not use. There is only one lift, but big enough.
I was told the hotel will be refurbished by July.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel is just a 5 minute walk from San Jose center, the capital of Costa Rica, and only 15 minutes by car from Juan Santamaria International Airport. Furthermore, it provides easy access to the main business, shopping and leisure areas in the capital. In 2010 the hotel was renovated and presently boasts very modern facilities and many services, especially for guests visiting San Jose on business. The hotel has a fully-equipped business center with internet access, photocopiers, fax, messenger service and plane ticket confirmation service. In addition, it has comfortable and spacious rooms that will make your stay relaxing and pleasurable. The Palma Real hotel has obtained the Sustainability Certificate, which helps to preserve one of the most virgin destinations in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Palma Real Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Palma Real Hotel San Jose
- Barcelo San Jose
- Palma Real Hotel & Casino Costa Rica/San Jose