Initial reception was a bit 'íffy' with a delay of almost two hours before my room became available, other than that reception was always very helpful.
I did not like the bar, as the staff gave me the impression that unless you spoke fluent Spanish you should not have been there!
I had no problems with the rooms other than noise coming from the conference rooms one Saturday night when a wedding was being celebrated... but we were all young once!
Food was good.
The only 'down side' was that it was situated so far from anywhere ... there were no shops you could realistically walk to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel is just a 5 minute walk from San Jose center, the capital of Costa Rica, and only 15 minutes by car from Juan Santamaria International Airport. Furthermore, it provides easy access to the main business, shopping and leisure areas in the capital. In 2010 the hotel was renovated and presently boasts very modern facilities and many services, especially for guests visiting San Jose on business. The hotel has a fully-equipped business center with internet access, photocopiers, fax, messenger service and plane ticket confirmation service. In addition, it has comfortable and spacious rooms that will make your stay relaxing and pleasurable. The Palma Real hotel has obtained the Sustainability Certificate, which helps to preserve one of the most virgin destinations in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Palma Real Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Palma Real Hotel San Jose
- Barcelo San Jose
- Palma Real Hotel & Casino Costa Rica/San Jose