I have stayed at this hotel at least six times when in Costa Rica. It is clear now that this American Brand hotel does not want the business of the traveler indulging in the "Pura Vida" of Costa Rica. The hotel is now charging an unreasonable fee to bring a "guest" to your room. This trip, me and my buddy gladly checked out after one night and move to a guest friendly hotel, costing the Sleep Inn over $800 in room reservations for their $35 per guest fee. Your hotel is next to the most famous night spot in Costa Rica. You have no problem running a casino which is another legal activity. However, this "guest fee" is a reason that tourist wanting to stay near the night life find another hotel.
Yes, it is clean, the staff is helpful and friendly, conforms to American standards, but guys it will cost you an arm and leg to have any fun here. Stay elsewhere. The place still can not get free hotel wide wireless internet either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Sleep Inn San Jose Down town is conveniently located in the heart of the city, only fifteen kilometers from the Juan Santamaria International Airport. It is only a short distance from tourist attractions like the Teatro Nacional, Museo de Jade, Museo de Oro, parks that are part of our national heritage, and many others.Our guests can start the day with a complimentary full American buffet breakfast, from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sleep Inn San Jose Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn San Jose Downtown Hotel San Jose
- San Jose Sleep Inn
- Sleep Inn San Jose Costa Rica
- Sleep Inn Costa Rica
- Sleep Inn San Jose Downtown Costa Rica