Great chill place with cool staff to stay in San Jose. We stayed here for 2 nights the beginning of our trip and then another night before we headed to La Fortuna. Not much to do around the area though so I would stay at the hostel at night. We had a private room. Double 8. Comfortable and clean but definitely need ear plugs because of the train that goes by pretty frequently. Food was good(chicken and rice) and there's a shower upstairs that has hot water!
- Also Known As:
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel San Jose
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel
- Costa Rica Backpackers San Jose
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 budget hostel and meeting spot for travelers in San Jose, Costa Rica and Lonely Planet readers’ favorite since 2001. We have excellent reviews from guide books and on internet. Come and meet people from all around the world in our little slice of paradise, swap stories, catch the sun in our tropical garden, swim in the pool and don`t miss the happy hour at the "BAR-PACKERS" at 5pm!ALL FREE - internet (7 computers), wifi, coffee & tea; kitchen facilities (save money cook for yourself), parking, storage.TOP FACILITIES - Biggest pool & garden in San Jose, sunbathing, cable tv, international phone calls, hot showers, laundry service, tour desk, 24-hr security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Costa Rica Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.