My first day in Costa Rica was spent at this hostel, and it was a very good time. The hostel itself seems very average, however it is equipped with certain amenities that make it very noteworthy. The pool is great. The attached bar is really convenient and fun, and we met a lot of cool people as a result of the presence of this meeting place. The food and drinks are very reasonable. The rooms are okay, nothing great, so come here if you are looking for a good social experience, not a relaxing stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 budget hostel and meeting spot for travelers in San Jose, Costa Rica and Lonely Planet readers' favorite since 2001. We have excellent reviews from guide books and on internet. Come and meet people from all around the world in our little slice of paradise, swap stories ! Catch the sun in our tropical garden, swim in the pool and don`t miss the happy hour at the "BAR-PACKERS" at 5pm!ALL FREE - internet (7 computers), wifi, coffee & tea; kitchen facilities (save money cook for yourself), parking, storage.TOP FACILITIES - Biggest pool & garden in San Jose, sunbathing, cable tv, international phone calls, hot showers, laundry service, tour desk, 24-hr security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Priceline, Booking.com, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Costa Rica Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel San Jose
- Costa Rica Backpackers San Jose