That's probably the most advertised hostel in Central America! Which was a good thing, as it saved us hours of searching for cheap accommodation in a safe neighbourhood.
The dorms are fine, we didn't hear any bothering noise - except maybe for the train, yeah, you'll get used to it before you leave :)
I don't know how useful the pool really is, I guess no one was interested in it during our stay, but it's good to know it's there.
The garden, oh, a real garden, that is really lovely and would also be appreciated by very young travellers. Fans of squirrels, get the nuts ready!
Big kitchen, so everyone can cook if they want to save some money.
Hot showers - fine, as long as you have the patience to get used to the way it works (not complicated though).
The internet connection could be better.
There is also a small travel agency inside the hostel, but I wouldn't advice you to count on it much, except for tons of leaflets with information on trips inside the country and other hostels in Costa Rica and abroad. The offers are all quite pricey and you can save a lot if you organize your own tours.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel San Jose
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel
- Costa Rica Backpackers San Jose
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 budget hostel and meeting spot for travelers in San Jose, Costa Rica and Lonely Planet readers’ favorite since 2001. We have excellent reviews from guide books and on internet. Come and meet people from all around the world in our little slice of paradise, swap stories, catch the sun in our tropical garden, swim in the pool and don`t miss the happy hour at the "BAR-PACKERS" at 5pm!ALL FREE - internet (7 computers), wifi, coffee & tea; kitchen facilities (save money cook for yourself), parking, storage.TOP FACILITIES - Biggest pool & garden in San Jose, sunbathing, cable tv, international phone calls, hot showers, laundry service, tour desk, 24-hr security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Costa Rica Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.