stayed here 3 days.
The pros: in an ok area, has a small pool, lots of hammocks, a big kitchen, free old skool computers to use, lots of lounging areas. They can call taxis for you from the hostel.
The cons: there is a bar connected, and several others around. then the train going by in the morning. Good luck, light sleepers.
The lockers are small, the dorm beds, well, I`d rather sleep in the hammock outside to be honest. I never had a decent warm shower. The staff will give you the crappiest photocopied map.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel San Jose
- Costa Rica Backpackers San Jose
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 budget hostel and meeting spot for travelers in San Jose, Costa Rica and Lonely Planet readers’ favorite since 2001. We have excellent reviews from guide books and on internet. Come and meet people from all around the world in our little slice of paradise, swap stories, catch the sun in our tropical garden, swim in the pool and don`t miss the happy hour at the "BAR-PACKERS" at 5pm!ALL FREE - internet (7 computers), wifi, coffee & tea; kitchen facilities (save money cook for yourself), parking, storage.TOP FACILITIES - Biggest pool & garden in San Jose, sunbathing, cable tv, international phone calls, hot showers, laundry service, tour desk, 24-hr security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Costa Rica Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.