I stayed in an 8-bed dorm with some friends just before we started work on a summer program. Overall, it's an average hostel. The kitchen was clean, the bathrooms had hot water, and there was even a pool and I believe free computers and internet. The atmosphere was good, as well as the staff. The only downside is the sound of the nearby train that went through extremely frequently and blew a horn each time. Earplugs are a must here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 budget hostel and meeting spot for travelers in San Jose, Costa Rica and Lonely Planet readers' favorite since 2001. We have excellent reviews from guide books and on internet. Come and meet people from all around the world in our little slice of paradise, swap stories ! Catch the sun in our tropical garden, swim in the pool and don`t miss the happy hour at the "BAR-PACKERS" at 5pm!ALL FREE - internet (7 computers), wifi, coffee & tea; kitchen facilities (save money cook for yourself), parking, storage.TOP FACILITIES - Biggest pool & garden in San Jose, sunbathing, cable tv, international phone calls, hot showers, laundry service, tour desk, 24-hr security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Costa Rica Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel San Jose
- Costa Rica Backpackers San Jose