After the demise of Tranquilo backpackers this is the cheapest i have found in SJ. Dorms are OK, also stayed in private rooms which are OK, great to have a bar resteraunt right next door for food which i understand is open 24 hrs. Big kitchen, staff VERY helpfull and friendly especially the guy there on the 22nd Jan during the day...........could not help me enough.
Will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 budget hostel and meeting spot for travelers in San Jose, Costa Rica and Lonely Planet readers' favorite since 2001. We have excellent reviews from guide books and on internet. Come and meet people from all around the world in our little slice of paradise, swap stories ! Catch the sun in our tropical garden, swim in the pool and don`t miss the happy hour at the "BAR-PACKERS" at 5pm!ALL FREE - internet (7 computers), wifi, coffee & tea; kitchen facilities (save money cook for yourself), parking, storage.TOP FACILITIES - Biggest pool & garden in San Jose, sunbathing, cable tv, international phone calls, hot showers, laundry service, tour desk, 24-hr security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Costa Rica Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel San Jose
- Costa Rica Backpackers San Jose