This was our first night in Costa Rica before heading off to other adventures - lovely hostel and a great home base. I couldn't imagine staying here for more than a couple of nights though. The pool is great, customer service great, fabulous location, fast internet. Bring a pair of earplugs & you'll have a great night's sleep. Walking the pedestrian street downtown - nothing special, it's cheap, loud, busy & dirty. FOOD - we treated ourselves to an amazing dinner at the Gran Hotel Costa Rica (beside National Theatre)... highly recommend this gem (especially the mushroom pasta). Happy travels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 budget hostel and meeting spot for travelers in San Jose, Costa Rica and Lonely Planet readers' favorite since 2001. We have excellent reviews from guide books and on internet. Come and meet people from all around the world in our little slice of paradise, swap stories ! Catch the sun in our tropical garden, swim in the pool and don`t miss the happy hour at the "BAR-PACKERS" at 5pm!ALL FREE - internet (7 computers), wifi, coffee & tea; kitchen facilities (save money cook for yourself), parking, storage.TOP FACILITIES - Biggest pool & garden in San Jose, sunbathing, cable tv, international phone calls, hot showers, laundry service, tour desk, 24-hr security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Costa Rica Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel San Jose
- Costa Rica Backpackers San Jose