Stayed at the end of my Costa Rican adventure in December and it was easily the best hostel I experienced during my whole journey in Costa Rica. Other travellers that I met recommended me this place and I just have to say that they were absolutely right!
Good and safe location (do not choose downtown hostels, it's too dangerous), close to everything you may need as supermarkets, restaurants, cinemas, museums, malls, bus stations etc... Costa Rica Backpackers is the most popular place in town!
Very clean, the staff was nice and helpful. I had a private room which was spacious and well decorated for only $32. Dorms looked nice too and much cheaper (from $11). There was a beautiful garden (a real one!) with a bean shaped pool, an outdoor and well equipped kitchen in case you dont wanna spend money in restaurants or travelling with kids. There is also a good but cheap bar-restaurant (I specially recommend the caribbean chicken!). I loved the outdoor bar where everybody use to gather from happy hour to midnight for cheap drinks.
The internet was good and wifi was available everywhere. There is a tour desk and you can buy with no stress your departure tax for $32, saving one hour line at the airport. The shuttle service to the airport was fine and cheaper than a normal cab.
During my three days stay I heard no complains from the people who stayed there. This hostel is a must if you go to San Jose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 budget hostel and meeting spot for travelers in San Jose, Costa Rica and Lonely Planet readers' favorite since 2001. We have excellent reviews from guide books and on internet. Come and meet people from all around the world in our little slice of paradise, swap stories ! Catch the sun in our tropical garden, swim in the pool and don`t miss the happy hour at the "BAR-PACKERS" at 5pm!ALL FREE - internet (7 computers), wifi, coffee & tea; kitchen facilities (save money cook for yourself), parking, storage.TOP FACILITIES - Biggest pool & garden in San Jose, sunbathing, cable tv, international phone calls, hot showers, laundry service, tour desk, 24-hr security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Costa Rica Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel San Jose
- Costa Rica Backpackers San Jose