“5 Star Hospitality in a perfect place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Inn

You added Adventure Inn to your Saves list
Adventure Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciudad Cariari, Autopista General Canas | Between San Jose and SJO Airport, San Jose, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
Book direct - 15% off!
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charleston, South Carolina
“5 Star Hospitality in a perfect place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I found this hotel as it was rated so highly on Trip Advisor. It exceeded my expectations in all aspects! The staff was warm and helpful, the included breakfast was extensive and delicious, the rooms were nicely equipped and comfortable, the pool was relaxing, and the free airport transfer quick and convenient. I have to give special thanks to a few that took such good care of me while I became sick in the evening and had to change my flight out. The woman at reception that night brought water and meds and answered my many calls (wish I got her name!). Manfred, the following day who helped with my transfer to the hospital, and Rosie who couldn't have been sweeter in helping me get a new room (even though they were fully booked for that night!), and chicken soup delivered to the room. Eugenia, part of the cleaning staff, was lovely, caring, and made me feel at home. All smiles from this staff made all the difference. Since I pass thru SJO often, this will be my new go-to hotel. Excellent experience!

Room Tip: The rooms near the pool in the Solarium seem to be the nicest, but all are very clean and nicely equ...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Because our flight arrived in the evening we tried to pick a hotel with a costa rican touch near the airport. We selected the adventure inn and it worked out beyond our expectations. The location is perfect, ten minutes from the airport (pick up from hotel available), safe neighbourhood with a couple of good restaurants nearby and in the hotel itself. The staff makes you feel welcome immediately, great service, good advice and assistance, such as car rental. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. They have free wifi, tv with large number of channels and hot showers. Price/quality ratio is very good. Great choice of breakfast, which is included in price. And nice swimming pool for the kids. We decided to book the adventure inn again the night before departure and had the same great experience again. I would recommend adventure inn for all families starting and finishing their trip in wonderful costa rica!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Adventure Inn is an amazing hotel..The staff was super friendly and helpful... The decor of this place is spectacular... The jacuzzi was piping hot and perfect after a long day of traveling... and last but certainly not least the rooms were so clean and so comfortable and beautiful... I would highly recommend it and definitely stay again

• Stayed August 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We knew we had to stay near the airport for the last day of the trip, and didn't have high hopes for how nice that place would be. We sort of figured that Adventure Inn would be a bed and a good shower before heading home. Instead, we found nice, clean, big rooms and very friendly staff. The restaurant in the motel is totally decent and not a bad place to be when you're exhausted at the tail end of a 10-day trip. This was a hugely pleasant surprise, and I'm glad we picked it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was in town for a conference (Aug 2013) and the conference hotel was booked so I chose Adventure Inn based on the proximity to the conference hotel (10-15 minute walk) and reasonable price and mostly positive reviews from others on TripAdvisor.

The taxi driver at the airport knew just where it was so getting there was no problem. However once you are there your options are pretty limited as there are very few shops or restaurants around unless you want to walk 20+ minutes to the mall (near CityExpress hotel).

The rooms were clean and in good condition although there was some wear showing. The biggest drawback for me was the close proximity of my room to the restaurant and outdoor social area which meant a lot of noise during meal times as well as after dinner with no real way to shut out the noise.

I have spent a few months in Costa Rica previously and have stayed in numerous other hotels, resorts, and field camps and find that the kind of attentive service most American are used to is not the norm in Costa Rica.

But based on the description by the owners I had expected a warm welcome and some level of personal attention. What I experienced was a dismissive staff with little interest in guests beyond the basics of "here is your key" and "I can call you a taxi". The same was true in the restaurant where the staff was mostly engaged in other activities besides serving guests.

In the end I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
AdventureInn, Owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thanks for the review. You are right, my staff don't jump up and down and do cartwheels for you. However they will generally bend over backwards for you if requested, and try to serve you in a friendly, efficient manner, but not in your face. I don't understand how this guest was here for a convention yet walked past and didn't notice the upscale mall a five minute walk from us with an classy little grocery store and six nice international restaurants above it, not to mention about six other restaurants in the hotels around here. No one needs to walk 20 minutes to a mall to eat, starting with our own restaurant.
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a great place to stay for your first or last nights in Costa Rica. We enjoyed the bar downstairs, where we had a nice dinner and breakfast... nothing especially memorable except for Janet, our wonderful bartender -- she was awesome. Spotlessly clean, simple accommodations. Beds are excessively firm. Exercise area was steamy hot, but it was fine for a 30-minute cardio workout. Price was right, and breakfast was included (although we had to wait about half an hour for pancakes, and we were the only patrons in the dining room). Still, I'd stay there again coming or going.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We cannot say enough about the adventure inn. We discovered them 2 weeks before a last minute decision to go to costa rica and they made our vacation magical! They helped us book, and plan our whole 8 day trip in costa rica and it was one of the best trips of our lives. This was a romantic anniversary vacation, but also a big adventure vacation for us and they steered us in all the right directions. Every staff member at the hotel could not have been nicer, we were treated like a queen and king!!!

Thanks a million for a wonderful vacation. Thanks especially for Nancy who helped us plan every fantastic moment. Pura Vida!!!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi tubs are nice!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Adventure Inn? Share your experiences!