“Another great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Inn

You added Adventure Inn to your Saves list
Adventure Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciudad Cariari, Autopista General Canas | Between San Jose and SJO Airport, San Jose, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
Book direct - 15% off!
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Another great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here a couple of years ago on my last night of a 2 week trip. It was so good I didn't even consider another hotel for this trip. We stay our 1st night and last night of this 11 day adventure. Paid for the standard and also received 20% off as promised if I returned. The last night we were upgraded to the jacuzzi room. Such a treat. I will never consider another hotel. I think this place is more than just a before or after flight hotel. You can do many excursions. The staff is wonderful. The free breakfast is great. Very tasty. Paid transportation to and from the airport, free wifi, free local and international calls. Very clean rooms. Lovely decor. Outdoor pool and jacuzzi. Eric the owner will give you great advise on anything you ask him by email. What more can you ask for? Such a bargain.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at the Adventure Inn 3 nights with my daughter, and then a 4th night the following week. The location is good, very close to the airport and a short cab ride to downtown San Jose. They have free wifi and 4 guest computers in the upstairs lounge area. They also have a nice pool and jacuzzi, a workout room, and a very good restaurant and bar, and all of this at very reasonable prices. The staff is incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. When I left to return to the U.S. I felt like I was leaving family! I highly recommend the Adventure Inn and will be staying there on my next trip to CR in March to pick up my daughter.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
east coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

we only stay in san jose when we are flying out the next day with sansa air or nature air to a remote Costa Rica location. this is the perfect Inn for this kind of visit. Have you just arrived at the International Airport after long travel day...go to Adventure Inn... Its comfortable, internet friendly, convenient to get to via taxi ( our red taxi fare was 12 bucks) , great, great food. Complimentary breakfast is awesome. has a pool, our room had private hottub, microwave, fridge, office area, free phone with free international calling if needed. Its got everything we need for a easy night prior to another big domestic travel day to remote location. They arranged our cab back to airport, everything was easy

Staff is extremely friendly and accomodating.

Hotel is Clean

Restaurant is professionally equipped, delicious, decorated, and fun

Restaurants, grocery store, and other conveniences are within short min walk

Room was easily under 100 US bucks, paid in cash...great affordability considering amenities

our room had cozy communal outside seating area with painted bird murals on walls...

we will always come back and we brought friends this time and will continue to recommend Adventure Inn to others

Happy Traveling

Room Tip: pay in cash will give you a discount...staff will answer all your questions, ask in advance and you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have been to Costa Rica three times now and have looked around for a different place to stay, but always go back to Adventure Inn. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff are friendly and the cost is very good. It included a hot breakfast (Tico or Canadian) too! With shuttle to and from the Airport it is also very convenient. The newly renovated pool area is fantastic.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Rio, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We travel to CR regularly, and have been staying at the Adventure Inn for the last 4 years and have found no reason to go elsewhere. Great location, knowledgeable and helpful staff, restaurant, bar and pool. Transportation to the airport, rental car deliveries to the hotel, the list goes on. The rooms are large, comfortable and air conditioned, breakfast is included. We have recommend this hotel to all our friends that are traveling to San Jose. Looking forward to and starting to plan to our next trip there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I travel to Costa Rica quite often. I have stayed at many hotels over the years. I am always looking for a regular place to lay my head. I believe I have found it. This stay was my second, and on this trip had dinner in the restaurant and hung out a bit more. It was great. I could not ask for anything more. A fantastic staff, each and every one, great grounds, very clean, a super nice complementary breakfast, free airport shuttle each way, clean rooms, spacious with some nice touches. I would recommend this place to anyone, even my Mom, whom is super picky. I spent a lot of time talking with the front desk staff, the dining staff, and Jose (Manager?). They were all fantastic, and made me feel like a VIP guest. I will be back and without hesitation would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
La Fortuna, Alajuela, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel for the start and finish of my journey. Food is good, staff is nice and they will help organize your tours. The shuttle to the airport is also very helpful. I would recommend this hotel highly for the beginning and end of your stay if you want to have a great experience in Costa Rica. They make it easy to get started.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Adventure Inn? Share your experiences!