We recently stayed 4 nights in this hotel, at the start of a 6 week trip around Costa Rica. We looked around quite a few hotels in San Jose and were definite we chose the best one! This hotel should be much higher up the list than it is! We stayed in Mariposa, the big room at the back of the hotel, much quieter than the Magnolia room, so I would recommend it. Yes, there is still some noise, but this is a city, not the middle of the jungle!!! We were treated so well by all the staff, who were very helpful, and extremely friendly to our 3 year old daughter. The hotel building dates from 1928, is a beautiful old house with delightful architectural features, it really has lots of character which we loved. The cafe next door was a nice place for breakfast (included), although it was a little pricey for dinner. The hotel is set on a pedestrian street in a lovely area of the city, and just across the road from the museum. I would recommend this hotel highly and would definitely stay there again! Thanks for a great stay.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Del Museo San Jose
- Posada Del Museo Costa Rica/San Jose
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ``where you will feel at home´´ Warmth, charm and a personalized service. La Posada del Museo is a 1928 Victorian style wooden building that has been restored to offer its guest great comfort. Located in the historical and cultural district of San Jose, on a palm-lined boulevard, within walking distance to touristic points of interest: museums, theaters, parks, monuments, shops and cinemas. All our rooms are equally well equiped. The hotel offers 24 hour wi-fi service, a computer available for guests at the reception, cable tv private parking, You can also visit our ''Cafe de la Posada'', an Argentinian-European cafe-restaurant, with an outdoor terrace overlooking the boulevard; Making it the perfect location for people to experience the lovely climate of San Jose while enjoying one of our delicious specialties. Rotating art exhibitions take place every month at the cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Posada Del Museo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.