“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 86 Hotels in San Jose
Seattle, Washington
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This a great hotel to stay in while visiting San Jose. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel makes for great city walking with plenty of restaurants and shops to vista close by. It's about thirty minutes from the airport. The little cafe downstairs makes a nice light breakfast for the guests. It can be a little noisy with the little train that runs along the main street, so bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. All the staff at the hotel were wonderful and very accommodating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Posadadelmuseo, The Staff at Posada Del Museo, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Hello, thank you for your comments.
We hope to see you in the future!

Best regards,
The Staff

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

great hosts ! i got in late and the host made me a sandwich !!!! I took the backroom it was pretty quiet and got a good sleep as a little train goes by the other side of the hotel ! the hosts and their staff are very helpfull ! B-first is good and lunch is Fantastic!!! its close to parks,museum, governement Buildings and if u go up a block then walk left you get to the walk only shopping/market area great ! Its a great and safe place to stay !!

Room Tip: rooms to the back tend to be not so noisy its the city !!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kim s
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

The Posada is a great result of a family runned hotel. Tha ambien is so cozy, the rooms so well decorated, the sharing rooms make you feel like you are over a friend's place. Location is great, walking distance from the main shopping street and the mercado de artesania. Approved and Loved :)

Posadadelmuseo, Gerente at Posada Del Museo, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you very much for taking your time to write on Trip Advisor. We are always happy to know that our guests like our Hotel and feel comfortable. Our main interest is to make our guests feel at home, and we are pleased to know you appreciate it.
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Great ambient and style!!! The hotel is very rustic with unique decoration, very cozy, sofas, dimed light, wooden floors, walls filled with pictures of the owner´s family, I love that. Rooms are decorated in the very same style, but each one is different so it´s quite fun to choose the one you want. My room was clean, pretty and tranquil considering you are in the middle of San José. The location was ok, it´s about four blocks from the main center with shops and restaurants and there are two kind of ugly streets you need to cross to get there. But then San José´s center is nothing really pretty anyways. The hotel is just in front of the Museum (nice big building that is well lighted during the night) and on a pedestrian walk, so in a reasonable neighborhood. There is a railroad nearby, but the train passes very rarely and it did not bother me at all. The price (around 60 USD ) includes breakfast and generally speaking I think it is a very good deal for San José.

Room Tip: Really difficult, I wished I could try them all. But if I should recommend one it would probably be...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Posadadelmuseo, Gerente at Posada Del Museo, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
We appreciate when our guests give us their opinion of Hotel Posada del Museo,it is the way to improve..But what we appreciate most is when our customers enjoy their stay with us and see our efforts to make them feel "at home" ..Best regards from the manager and staff .
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Great Hotel with lovely rooms in a good Location. Every room is decorated individually with lots of details. Great help with booking tours. Trains tracks did not bother us at all because trains didnt run at nighttime and during daytime we were out of the hotel most of the time. Definitly recommend the place and would stay again!

• Stayed January 2012
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

The hotel is a nice historic building in the heart of San José. The staff is friendly and very helpful.

So far, so good.

The problem is the noise. The rooms are not well isolated, so that you can hear any noise made in the hotel or arround it.

It's right next to a major road (lots of traffic) and even worse: railroad tracks. In the night you get the feeling that the freight trains run right through your room.

We did hardly sleep at all. Too bad!

• Stayed January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank ffemedia
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on 3 separate occasions now, so clearly it is a decent enough place to keep drawing me back. Every time I have arrived I have had a member of staff greet me by name (I wasn't the only guest there either!) and then go out of their way to help me and make sure I was comfortable. The rooms are fairly large and clean, the bathrooms have a shower but no bath. The first time I stayed there I struggled to get hot water as did my friends but the trick to the taps is you have to turn them on slowly and gradually and once the water is warm you can turn them up more (I'm not sure why but trust me it worked). The only problem with this hotel is that it's very close to the railway line and it is unbelievably noisy. I was told that the train lines were built after the hotel and if that's the case then it's very unfortunate. The first night I stayed there was a Sunday and the trains didn't seem to be running during the night but 5am on the dot on Monday I was woken up by a train horn right outside my bedroom which scared me half to death. The other 2 nights that I stayed there the train ran all night and to say sleeping was difficult would be an understatement.

I would recommend this trip for a night, it's a basic hotel but it's clean, has hot water, TV and free wifi access. I think for longer stays I would struggle as I couldn't sleep due to the trains and that would definitely impact on me.

Room Tip: Try get one away from the train lines, it's still not going to be silent but it makes a massive...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo