“Filthy beds!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Talamanca Hotel

Talamanca Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Jose
Talamanca Hotel
Save Saved
You added Talamanca Hotel to your Saves list
Calle 8y10 Ave 2 Sda, San Jose 1002, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #69 of 85 hotels in San Jose
St. Louis, Missouri
“Filthy beds!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2007

We stayed in this hotel the last night of our honeymoon. It had been recommended highly by some people that we had met during our trip. Their standard room was very reasonable. About $45.00 and they said it included breakfast. We thought is sounded good. When we arrived there, the "famous" top floor bar was mysteriously closed for the evening, and the hotel restaurant had closed earlier as well. We went to our room, which was sparse, but seemed fine. We turned down the covers to jump in bed, and found what I can only sum up as about 100 pubic hairs all over the bed. I immediately went to reception to tell them about the lack of clean sheets on the bed...the man seemed suprised and moved us to a different room, with two beds in it. We turned down both beds, and neither had hair in them, but each set of sheets were severely stained. My husband and I ended up covering each bed with our clothes and sleeping on our clothes instead of the extremely soiled sheets. We inquired about our included breakfast upon checkout in the morning and were greeted with blank stairs, and told that breakfast is never included in the price of the room. I know it may seem like a possible language mix up, but I speak fluent spanish. I asked multiple times about the breakfast being included to be sure before I booked the hotel. I can only sum this hotel up as an absolute waste of time and money unless you have no issue with dirty beds, and them lying about what is included with the room rate.

• Liked — Large Shower
  • Disliked — Filthy Beds
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Talamanca Hotel? Share your experiences!