“pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Autentico Hotel

You added Autentico Hotel to your Saves list
Autentico Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave 5 and 7, calle 40 | Sabana Este, San Jose 571-2050, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #38 of 85 Hotels in San Jose
Melbourne, Australia
“pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My girlfriend and i stayed here for just one night. Hotel staff were pleasant to deal with, the pool clean and refreshing to swim in (fresh, at this time of year and with rain), our room was very comfortable, although some may call the decor a little outdated i quite liked the older style of the building (it had character), we had just dinner here with a few others and we certainly enjoyed our meals very much (club sandwich w' french fries) and my g/f' had the chef salad which had oil and vinegar served on the side as dressing. I would certainly stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

In need of a quick, one night accommodation close to the Embassy due to morning traffic I stayed here, having had a decent experience 13 years prior. I don't think they had changed a thing in all those years apart from a snazzy new entrance that makes the hotel appear to be boutique and modern looking dining area. Other than that, it was still a dated mediocre place. Perfectly suited for a one night stay if you are just passing through and have no expectations apart from cleanliness and service, this place will do. But, if you need spacious and bright, modern or with some classic touch, and even a touch luxe, then you will be disappointed. My husband was not with me for my one night stay so I thought I didn't care but I am not sure if I would stay here again. My room was very dark and the AC was either too cold, too loud or causing me to leave the curtain open partially at night. Tiny space overall and had we been two, we would have been stepping over each other. Even though I knew there we plenty of great restaurants in the area I opted for room service. It was ok. No dressing or salt and pepper for the salad, burger had loads of half cooked bacon which was uneatable and breakfast eggs were over fried in veggie oil. But plenty of fresh fruit and cereal...plus a decent Gallo Pinto. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel and apart from a safe location and clean linens, there is nothing that stands out about it eitherl. Suitable for a one night stay if you can overlook the little things and know will get what you pay for, nothing exceptional but nothing disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Coronado, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Arrived PM from San Diego, Ca.April 2013 The hotel staff was fantastic. Our room was neat, clean and very comfortable. The service and food in the restaurant was very good. Our room had AC which was fine. This hotel is 2 blocks from the grocery store. A great value for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CANADA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Clean, basic and the staff was very nice. We did not stay in a renovated room on our 1st stay but it was ok. On our second stay we had a renovated room, which was one of the nicest rooms i have ever stayed in. There is a very nice grocery store right around the corner which is convenient. Close to the highway and easy to travel to/from the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Karlsruhe, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed after arriving from the airport and before the beginning of our roundtrip. Fortunately we received an upgrade and had a hugh new renovated room. Shops are near and we ate very good near in a mexican restaurant.We had no breakfast because we left already at 6 o'clock next morning. When we came back from our trip, they gave us also a new renovated normal room.We
have been waken up at 5 o'clock by the hotel clerk and we received a lunch paket before pick-up to the airport. At all a nice stay for a Costa Rica trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

this hotel is neat, clean and comfortable. it's a nice, basic hotel that is just fine if you need a place to sleep. it's about a 20 minute cab ride from the airport, has a good restaurant, is clean, has air conditioning, a pool and a tv in the room and hot showers. nothing wrong if you are looking for a good, basic place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here on the last day of our trip. The hotel was nice, comfortable and clean. The showers were hot, the tv and internet in the rooms worked great (this was not true in several of the other places we stayed) and the breakfast buffet was very good as well. We had time to lay and play in the pool before we headed home; this was heavenly. My only warning would be that there are no elevators, so we had to lug our suitcases up 2 or 3 flights of stairs. On the way down, a staffer saw me leaving my room with my bags and offered to take them. He just wanted to help, was not looking for a tip, and seemed surprised and genuinely thankful when I gave him one. I would stay here again - it was better than the hotel we stayed in upon arrival.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Autentico Hotel? Share your experiences!